swollen/painful gland?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by SICKim514, Feb 15, 2009.

1. SICKim514

SICKim514 New Member

Well, I'm definitely in the midst of a flare-up. Everything hurts and to top it off, I have a painful swollen gland in my neck. At first I thought I was getting sick since my 5 month old daughter is sick. I had a very slight sore throat and just didn't feel right. Well, the sore throat only lasted for about a day and went away, but I'm still left feeling achy and have this swollen gland. This used to be a big problem for me whenever my fibro/CFS would act up. No fever thankfully, which was another problem for me in the past. However, I've had these mysterious rashes on and off over the past couple months. I get these little red bumps and it's itchy, and the skin in that area will get all red. My rheumy appt is on the 23rd, and I'm looking forward to following up with him, since it's been 4+ years since I've been there. First I just have to get past this dreaded EGD on thursday. Although, I don't know what I'm dreading more...the EGD or working 3 straight 12-hour shifts in a row starting tomorrow. I'm going to be wiped out by the time next weekend comes around. It's no wonder I'm in such a flare.