swollen, sore glands

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by palmtree, Mar 13, 2003.

1. palmtree

palmtree New Member

Does anyone here suffer from chronic, swollen, sore glands. I have swollen glands in my neck and they are so sore. They never seem to go away. I tried many rounds of antibiotics, but nothing seems to help. Any suggestions? Thank you!
  2. missymiss

missymiss New Member

Yes, I had glandular fever which resulted in me having constant swollen glands. Now I still have them with my CFS. I found antibiotics didn't help me, but there were a few things that eased them slightly.. such as rubbing Vicks Vapour Rub on them, or wrapping a warm sock round your neck eases it a LOT, some painkillers helped a LITTLE... just a few suggestions, hope you don't feel so sore!
    *Missymiss*
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Either massaging the lymph nodes gently or using one of those foam noodles to hang in the deep end of the pool. The slight pressure and movement of the water gently massages the lymph nodes and helps them to drain.

I used to have this chronically until I started the antibiotic therapy.

Love, Mikie
  4. kerrymygirl

kerrymygirl New Member

My gland and lymph nodes swell quite often, right now as a matter of fact. I get even sicker when this happens. These are fighters and protection for our bodies. So I feel the bacterium or virus, take your pick that we have floating around is as acting up. That is in my opinion. When things settle down some they go down some. I have noticed lately they hang around, I have lyme so that might be it. Soft massaging helps, but they are there to fight what ever is going on in your body. <<<hugssss>> Try not to get discouraged they may be helping you. Do not know why docs do not address this more. Shows our body is trying to fight infection of some sort.
  5. NewEnglander

NewEnglander New Member

I have swollen glands from time to time, actually more often then not. I even had them as a child. they make my neck hurt so bad. But I thank the Lord for days when the pain is manageable. In Christ I can do all things as long as I focus on him. which sadley I don't do everyday,...working on it. when my glands and neck hurt I use my heating pad and take the flexeral and vioxx. this sometimes gives me relief. if the pain gets to be so bad what I do is take enough flexeral to make me sleep. and I pray.
    Lisa