Symptom I've not seen here?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by littlebrownwren, Jan 2, 2006.

1. littlebrownwren

littlebrownwren New Member

I've not read this here before but on the inside of each leg starting at the inside of the knee, up to the groin area it is extremely painful. It seems to follow the artery line.

I mentioned this to my doctor once but he either forgot or was distracted and I still don't know if is fibro related, since it is the same on both legs I'm assuming it is.

Anybody else have this same thing?

Wren
  2. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

one time or another.It seems to hurt in whatever muscles are used that day.Are you walking more?Linda
  3. Musica

Musica New Member

I'm wondering if your tender points on the inside of your knees are particularly tender right now. If they are, perhaps they are causing nerve or muscle pain up the legs.
  4. ellikers

ellikers New Member

Hmm. It might be something related to the nerves ... the nerves the stem out from the spinal cord can be effected higher up along the body making the pain can radiate further down, so in other words the pain is felt not at area that there could be a problem. For example, vertebrae can have problems and end up slightly (or badly) pressing down on the nerves or pinch them causing pain that shows up down the leg (my mom had that problem when I was younger and it was treated and she's completely better now).

I would definitely check back in with whatever medical providers you have and talk as clearly and strongly about how this pain feels to you and ask that it be checked out. I'm sorry you're dealing with that pain. I know it can be really frustating to not know what is going on. i hope that you very quickly find out what it is that is causing you pain and are able to heal and feel better. Take care!

5. littlebrownwren

I don't think it is muscle pain.

1. because it envolves both legs
    2. It's pain path is narrow , about and inch wide.

I wish I could say I did walk. I've ask my hubby for a bike just to ride around the yard to maybe strengthen my leg muscles.

My arthritis doc wants me to go into water therapy. From what I've read about it , a lot of people have good results
    from it.

The only thing is that I know once I start, it becomes a maintence thing. There will be no end to it. Just like "PILLS"

I know my doc is right but I am hardheaded enough that it feels like just another part of my life I will have to give up.
    I will say that I am seriously considering going just long enough to see if it will help.

Thanks for the replies. I need all the input I can get.

Wren
  6. sdown

sdown New Member

Did they check for any type of infection?
  7. maris

maris New Member

It is extremely painful. My doctor diagnosed it as myofascial pain syndrome.

I use trigger point release therapy to release the trigger points and tightness in that area.

I have learned how to self treat from a liscensed myofacial therapist.

One of the things you can do is purchase a 5 inch rubber ball. You can find them in the toy department at Target or a similar store.
    Get one that is not too inflated.

Lay face down on carpet with a pillow resting under your upper body and arms, place the ball under your leg in the area of pain. Breathe deep and imagine the knot releasing.

You can make adjustments so that the pressure is not over- whelming and tolerable. Move the ball around to find the knots to release. Hold and breathe for 30 seconds,(if you can).

The pain you are feeling in your legs are knots that wont release. It's like having a charlie horse in your muscles. It's very tender and painful.

I've posted many times about myofascial triggerpoint release therapy and self treatment. If you are interested you can do a search up in the search box.

I hope you give it a try, and don't let the tenderness scare you away, it's the muscles relaxing out of the knot.

I hope you feel better,
    Maris
  8. littlebrownwren

I do intend to ask my doc at my next visit.

It dosen't feel like muscle pain. I could take a marker and trace the line up my legs.

I think what I am most worried about is clogged arteries.

I have really pushed myself through the holidays and my feet have been giving me a fit. When I stand up in the morning I have to hold on to the bed or wall for my first several steps. I've tried to tell my doc that my feet feel swollen on the bottom and when I first get up my toes don't touch the floor just the soles of my feet. It's quite painful.

I have several discs that are really bad but all the pain i've gone throught before with my back surgeries, the pain ran from my hip to my toes. This pain is on the inside of the leg up to the groin. There are no red lines or bruising.

I know I hate to give my doctor another symptom, because I know there will be test. I hate it , I hate it, with a passion. I know he has to do it but I just hate going to the doctor. He is as kind as he can be but I still hate it.

The last time, I mentioned my neck and xrays showed almost every disc was pretty bad.

Thanks for all your replies and I promise I will remind my doctor at the next check up.

9. darude

darude New Member

My mother-in-law just found out had blood clots. her only symptom was leg pain cramping!!!!!!!!!