Symptom poll -- please help if you can

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by marcus1243, Jan 2, 2003.

1. marcus1243

marcus1243 New Member

Hi everybody. I'm in discussions with my rheumatologist at the moment, and I'm trying to establish whether my symptoms extend beyond those normally experienced in Fibro (i.e. more than just pain and tenderpoints). It would be great if you could help me out by simply putting a yes or no as to whether you experience the following as part of your fibro:

1)Frequently waking up with a body part numb (numbness disappears after moving)

2)Variable vision in one or both eyes from day to day. Feeling that your eye prescription is constantly changing.

3)Visual floaters in the eye -- greater number/more noticeable than before FM dx.

4)Problems with gum infections or dental problems.

5)Irritable or over-sensitive bladder. Sensation that you need to go more than normal.

6)Tingling sensations in feet and hands.

7)Hand/arm tremors after over-exertion.

8)Fatigue/exhaustion threshold much greater than before FM.

9)Hyper skin-sensitivity and migratory burning sensations.

10)Muscle weakness and soreness after repeated use, the weakness appearing later on rather than at the time.

Thanks for helping :)

-marcus

2. joannie1

joannie1 New Member

I say yes to all except three and seven. i hope this helps you.
    Good luck,
    Joannie
  3. Suzie113

Suzie113 New Member

I have all of the symptoms you listed, except for #2, all of the others though you hit right on the nail of the head! I also have problems with night sweats and lack of sleep. Also does anyone have problems with their hands, feet and legs swelling? Sometimes mine can be pretty bad.
  4. marcus1243

marcus1243 New Member

for responding. And just to let you know that my girlfriend gets severe swelling of her legs and ankles. Sometimes it cuts off blood supply to the nerves and she gets numb or painful toes. She has CFS and possibly also FM.
    --Marcus
  5. dlizard

dlizard New Member

yes to everything but five.... and more LOL!!!!! Good luck
  6. nogilroy

nogilroy New Member

i have to say yes to all of them but number 4 also had the swelling in hands ' feet 'and legs for years . could not wear my rings had to change shoe size i do not know what i did different this past summer . the swelling is not as bad now i can wear rings almost all the time and smaller shoes . just want to say one more thing . when the fog hits me how come the only thing i can rember is the pain
  7. pam_d

pam_d New Member

I can answer "yes" to numbers: 1,5,6,8 & 9, with number 6 being my very first symptom of FM, before anything else ever started.

Hugs,
    Pam
  8. fifty1ford

fifty1ford New Member

Marcus,

I would have to say yes to all of the above and add:

General body aches (like the flu)
    Pain (sometimes extreme) in the hips, knees and shoulders
    Stiffness in the hands and fingers
    Cramping in the feet (toes)
    Much trouble sleeping
    Mood swings
    Headaches (initially) gone with acupuncture treatments

But remember, it is always better to look Mah-ve-lous than to feel Mah-ve-lous!

Peace,
    fifty1ford
  9. kadywill

kadywill New Member

1. yes
    2. yes
    3. no
    4. no
    5. no
    6. yes
    7. yes
    8. yes
    9. yes
    10.yes
    I had a floater in my left eye about 12 years ago only.
    My gums bleed easily, but the dentist says they're OK and I don't have cavities. I DO have sensitive, receding gums and my teeth get sensitive to cold/heat. I now get much more plaque buildup between 6 month cleanings, esp. behind my lower front teeth.
    My kidneys don't act nearly as often as they should, even though I drink a LOT of water each day. I have a problem with edema.
    How this can help you.
    Sincerely,
    Kady
  10. lin21

lin21 New Member

Hi Marcus---

I am experiencing ALL of the same symtoms except #9.
    I was having problems with my gums going back over 2 years and now we know what is causing it. I always had very could dental exams up to that point. I recently had to have a nightguard made to help protect my teeth from the grinding and I have to use a special toothpaste (gelKam) and a fluroide rinse to help with sensitivity.

Good luck & feel well,
    Lin
  11. klutzo

klutzo New Member

Yes,to all but #4, which I understand can be caused by the meds some of us take that dry out our mouths.
    Klutzo
  12. marcus1243

marcus1243 New Member

symptoms. Maybe I'm stoopid or I've been deluding myself but I didn't honestly think that Fibro was this bad/affected so many parts of the body. I used to get away with some migratory aches and pains and nothing else. It's much more debilitating now. Whoever says this dd isn't progressive can come and kiss my aching butt!!

--marcus
  13. LauraLea

LauraLea New Member

Yes to all but 4,
  14. tandy

tandy New Member

I say yes to all except #3 I have no floaters.... yet.
    But its funny b/c my mom has this crappy FM too and she just started seeing floaters in her vision.She is seeing an eye dr soon. she also has a cataract.
    Good luck on your poll!!!
    Tracey
  15. marcus1243

marcus1243 New Member

Of course, I'll show this list to my rheumy. Looks like he was right -- maybe it is 'just' Fibro! I'm really, really surprised by the responses here. And I didn't even mention the all-over muscle and joint pain, which of course is my no.1 symptom (as I suspect it is for all here). With such a commonality of symptoms, it's just staggering that there isn't a more reliable test than tender points. I guess because it's not killing us, nobody's that interested. This dd totally stinks!
    --marcus
  16. 1maqt

1maqt New Member

Hello,

I have all of your symtoms, plus becoming dyslexic in writing. Also have great sleep disturbances: IE, Pain ,
    restlless legs arms,one viral and bacterial infection
    after the other.

Have had FMS/Autoimmune for 28 yrs. Find it very difficult to type. with the dyslexia, and vision problems, I do so much editing!!!

Hope this helps, from an old timer. 1maqt
  17. 1Writer

1Writer New Member

to all but No. 4, I've always had cavity problems...and I have more symptoms to add to yours (I'm CFS)..IBS, Tinnitus, Rosacea, TMJ, restless leg syndrome, racing brain and probably some others I can't remember right now, because of the "brain fog" LOL!

1Writer
  18. Achy-shaky

Achy-shaky New Member

Looks like it's a yes to all...

YES 1)Frequently waking up with a body part numb (numbness disappears after moving)

YES 2)Variable vision in one or both eyes from day to day. Feeling that your eye prescription is constantly changing.

YES but I also have early cateracts - 3)Visual floaters in the eye -- greater number/more noticeable than before FM dx.

YES, jaw pain but no infections - 4)Problems with gum infections or dental problems.

YES, urgency common but I also have had a bladder tumor - 5)Irritable or over-sensitive bladder. Sensation that you need to go more than normal.

YES - 6)Tingling sensations in feet and hands.

YES & at rest (had a neuro say I may have Parkinsons) - 7)Hand/arm tremors after over-exertion.

YES MUCH - 8)Fatigue/exhaustion threshold much greater than before FM.

YES - nerve pains in arms and burning/electrical prickles all over - 9)Hyper skin-sensitivity and migratory burning sensations.

A BIG YES - 10)Muscle weakness and soreness after repeated use, the weakness appearing later on rather than at the time.

Hope that helps you and wishing you a painfree day!!
    Hugs & BLessings
  19. amymb74

amymb74 New Member

1.no
    2.yes
    3.yes
    4.no
    5.yes
    6.yes
    7.yes
    8.yes
    9.no