Symptom Poll --Results!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by marcus1243, Jan 4, 2003.

1. marcus1243

marcus1243 New Member

A big thank you to everyone who took the time to respond to my recent symptom poll. I conducted it because I had thought I was the only one to suffer from this array of symptoms. Imagine my surprise!
    Anyway, I thought you all might be interested to see the results expressed as a percentage of those who responded. I think you'll find it of interest:

1)Frequently waking up with a body part numb (numbness disappears after moving)
    =87%

2)Variable vision in one or both eyes from day to day. Feeling that your eye prescription is constantly changing.
    =89%

3)Visual floaters in the eye -- greater number/more noticeable than before FM dx.
    =71%

4)Problems with gum infections or dental problems.
    =55%

5)Irritable or over-sensitive bladder. Sensation that you need to go more than normal.
    =84%

6)Tingling sensations in feet and hands.
    =89%

7)Hand/arm tremors after over-exertion.
    =79%

8)Fatigue/exhaustion threshold much greater than before FM.
    =97%

9)Hyper skin-sensitivity and migratory burning sensations.
    =95%

10)Muscle weakness and soreness after repeated use, the weakness appearing later on rather than at the time.
    =95%

And of course, there were some symptoms omitted that would have scored 100%, most notably muscle and joint pain, and also possibly fibro fog. I suspect IBS would have been pretty high too.

Anybody doubting their dx might find the above list of interest.

Thanks again for helping out!
    --marcus