symptom question please..

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by stillafreemind, Feb 10, 2003.

1. stillafreemind

stillafreemind New Member

Hi, I was wondering..does the fibro/cfs affect ALL muscles? It seems like the last two to three weeks..everytime I turn around..I am getting a muscle cramp or muscle spasm, if you will, in the abdomin or stomach muscle. I was wondering if anyone else has had this. I guess, in reality, it does feel like a cramp that you might get in your calf or arm..its just inside..if you know what I mean.

This has been sooooo discouraging..as I have been feeling so much better..except for these crampy things.

Any advice would be oh so appreciated. I guess misery does love company..huh?

Thanks .. and have a good night..Sherry
  2. debbiem31

debbiem31 New Member

I'm of the belief that, yes, FM does and can affect any muscle in your body. The fun part is that it can be a different one every day!!!

Love, Debbie
  3. ozgran

ozgran New Member

I get muscle spasms and cramping anywhere you want to name. Wondered what was going on at first. They are worse in the legs but I get them in the tummy, chest, bottom etc. I actually have been getting them for quite some time but didn't know I had FM. It is a relief to know what they are. Had a terrible weekend a while ago with the spasms really bad. Mainly in the legs, but I was in a terrible state. Am now taking what I think is a ZMA equivalant ( I'm from Australia) and Calcium and Olive Leaf Extract. Am also having some acupuncture and I feel better so am hoping. Love Ozgran
  4. Debbi

Debbi New Member

one thing about fibro - it's never boring - i get cramps in what i consider my inside tummy - when i get a cold, of course i cough, if i cough often enough, the inside of my gut spasms - try to explain that to the doc - i know what it is but breathing easier helps as does remembering that i have fibro - strange as it seems, if i believe i have a condition, then that can explain the pain
    deb
  5. stillafreemind

I just really wanted to tell you how much I appreciated your replies to my post. They have subsided quite a bit..hope they are a thing of the past real soon .. and stay that way!! <G>.

You are great...Sherry
  6. Cactuslil

Cactuslil New Member

I swear things change so as this syndrom ages. Three years ago I was a MESS. Woke up with the flu which lasted and lasted;then the IBS I've had for twenty years got so bad I became agorophobic....on and on to now!

I have researched this web this I could just close my eyes and go to "never-never" land, Cactus-Style!

I decided, after wrestling Cushings's Syndrome for a spell AND gaining 100 pounds w/in months! that I was reducing my daily dose; I'm losing count of the months now I have been at 5mg but all I hear from docs is you can't go any lower and yada-yada!

This disease has changed its shape from three years ago. I now have diabetes, Sjorens confirmed, Cushings (lost a litle of 50 lbs though) Rh. arthritis yada-yada but the cruncher...AND I NEED ANSWERS!

I had my remaining mandibular teeth removed pronto when the bridge failed. Then I get scare tactics from Hell, Hades et al. Well, Oral Surg. removed the 4-remaining and I go Friday if not sooner, back to my dentist for impressions. My friend who went with me swears the doc said he was trying to get the ridge built up from adding bone from somewhere on the mandibular area. I didn't heard that but whatever.

Anyone out there been so terrorized? This just about beats it all! CactusLil'

PS: This ole syndrome just keeps on keeping on doesn't it?
  7. stillafreemind

Thanks so much for your response. I am sooooo sorry to hear about all of the dental problems you are going through right now. I think getting teeth pulled is hard enough..let alone oral surgery! I pray that the dentist was talking about building up your denture for the ridge and not talking about surgery.

Hang in there Cactus..I am thinking of you and am saying a prayer for you this morning. ...Sherry