symptom with ear?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by stillafreemind, Jul 3, 2003.

1. stillafreemind

stillafreemind New Member

Hi..wondering if anyone has had this weird symptom. My left ear is tingling and once in a while flushes. Then it kinda subsides..and then starts up again.

Is this a neuro symptom of the ole fm?
    If you do experience something like this..what in the heck do you do to help it? Or do you just wear it out!!(G)

Thanks for any help...Sherry
  2. klutzo

klutzo New Member

I have this on both ears and my whole face and my neck and chest and sometimes my whole body, even the soles of my feet. It seems to be connected to changes in temperature in the room, or eating too much acid food, or changes in my blood pressure. So do I think it's a neuro symptom? YES. Do I know what to do about it? NO. Sorry. All I can tell you is that I've had a lot less of it since I started taking more blood pressure medicine and limited myself to only 2 glasses of iced tea daily.
    In empathy,
    Klutzo
  3. stillafreemind

stillafreemind New Member

I was beginning to think that I was having symptoms unique unto myself! I really hate to say it..but sometimes its good to know I am not the only one..

Thanks again..and hey..hope your 4th goes well. ..Sherry
  4. kats1978

kats1978 New Member

with mine they get so bad that if I here a slight sound I roll up into a tight ball and start to cry, until the house is quiet again....Lucky I do live out in the country. When I get a check-up they say that there isn't anything wrong with my ears.
  5. klutzo

klutzo New Member

...is what all this wierd stuff is called, so you might do a websearch and read up on it.
    Also, if you have a Mitral valve Prolapse, as 75% of us do, you may have a condition called Mitral Valve Prolapse Syndrome, which includes dysautonomia and Fibromyalgia as two of it's many possible symptoms! Do a websearch for "Mitral Valve Prolapse Syndrome" and you will locate the MVPS foundation as well as other sites. You may be amazed to find some of your most bizarre symptoms listed.
    Klutzo
  6. PrsJah

PrsJah New Member

It seems I learn about new symptoms all the time, ones that I thought I had all by myself! Sometimes my ears would hurt so bad at the slightest of noise, they would like echo and throb (hard to explain) especially when I give my little ones a bath. UUUgghhh....the sounds bounce off the walls becuase its a small room. I can't take it sometimes. I'm always telling my kids to be quiet, mommies ears hurt. They're kids though...7,4, 17 mos. How quiet can the be? LOL