symptoms appeared after ileostomy surgery

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by pbrown, Sep 17, 2006.

1. pbrown

pbrown New Member

I had a total proctocolectomy with ileostomy approximately 3 years ago due to ulcerative colitis. I had joint pain with the UC for years. However, approximately 6 months after my surgery I had an episode of worsening joint pain, extreme fatigue and elevated liver enzymes and c-reative protein of over 400. No definitive diagnosis has been reached as of yet and I am seeing a rheumatologist. I continue to have joint pain worse in hands, wrists bilaterallyl and muscle pain particularly in upper body. The fatigue is almost continuous. I have tried methotrexate which seems to help the joints, but am off of it at this time. The initial elevation in labs has leveled off and blood work to this point is inconclusive.

Any thoughts on this as it is baffling to me. I just want to feel better and not have to take pain medicine if possible. I try to follow a good diet and make sure I get my vitamins. I exercise as well even though many times I feel too tired. Sleep patterns seem to be worse even with the fatigue. I have recently started a trial of melatonin to see if that will help.

I would welcome any comments or theories.

Thanks
  2. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

I'm sorry, I don't have any words of wisdom for you...maybe you could fill out your bio and help us get to know you a bit better.

I'm sorry you're in so much pain, but I'm glad you found our board.

You'll find tons of information, friends, comfort and support here.

Welcome,

Nancy B