Symptoms change the week before your period?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jane32, Jun 7, 2006.

1. jane32

jane32 New Member

Right after I ovulate I get some cramping then my fever/chills/malaise kicks in for two weeks until I get my period. This is the worst time of month for me. I never had pms but I guess this is my pms with CFS!

Does anyone else see a big difference in their symptoms during this time of month?
  2. zion1971

zion1971 New Member

hi

i would actually experience less symptoms right before my period, have extreme cramps, then experience a flare the next week.

i do have endometriosis, so i suffered with severe cramps. due to this, i began taking depo-provera injections. the suffering i experience outweigh the side effects of the shot. as a result, i no longer have a period.

that is my solution for now. when i can stabilize my fms/cfs, i will decide what to do about this aspect of my health.
  3. carebelle

carebelle New Member

I'm going thew menopause now but I do believe our Hormones have something to do with the pain .I would and still do at times feel stronger symptoms during my period time. Things really get bad with menopause.
  4. jane32

jane32 New Member

I guess for me it is a slight cramp like sick feeling for a day...nothing like major pain or anything. I don't have pain but I just feel like I have the flu but only during that time of month.

I tired to pay attention to it this month and noticed a slight sick feeling and then the fever starts the next day. I was checked for cysts and was fine!
  5. Gladiatorgirl2

Gladiatorgirl2 New Member

My period would cause me to have really bad Fibro flare ups. My doctor put me on Seasonale so I would only have my period 4 times a year. It really helps me a lot because I always felt sicker before and during my periods.
  6. Michelle_NZ

Michelle_NZ New Member

I have only recently started paying attention to this, but it does seem that the entire week before my period I get severe CFS symptoms - espeically migraine, nausea, body pain, malaise. Its so bad sometimes I'm laying on my bed crying.

One of my Drs did say it was common to have worsening of symtoms during your cycle. Iterestingly, its always worse later in the day. I always feel a little better in the mornings when I first get up.

Sucks doesnt it!
    Take care
    Michelle
  7. ladybird1

ladybird1 New Member

I am in the middle of perimenopause to menopause. I still have periods any where from every 3 weeks to every 5.
    I feel like I have been hit with a spear of fibro symptoms.
    Even stranger in the streets see me ask "are you alright
    or "you look extremely tired" or "you better get some rest, you don't look good". Soon after the period starts then I get a little lift again...until just before my next period.
  8. mme_curie68

mme_curie68 New Member

Every month, the FM gets worse when I get my period.

I haven't had muscle burning for a while - until I got my period.

Honest to gaaad I cannot wait to be rid of it.
  9. pawprints

pawprints New Member

My symptoms became so severe prior to my period that I went on the birth control pill month round.

I think this is very common in CFIDS/FM. I am thinking of switching to the Nuva Ring so less hormones will have to go through the liver.

Just a thought for you to speak with your doctor about to see if you can break that cycle.
  10. jane32

jane32 New Member

that is what I am thinking. I hate to mask the problem and I went off them a year before I got sick to be healthy!

I have an appt. in Aug so I am going to wait until then. I just started acupuncture and I want to see if that does anything.
  11. pawprints

pawprints New Member

Good luck. Maybe the Accupuncturist can help you with this problem.