Symptoms of staph

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by brainfoggy, May 26, 2008.

1. brainfoggy

brainfoggy New Member

I got a tattoo this weekend. This was probably not the smartest thing to do with the immune system issues and everything but trying to live life as much as I can and didn't think I'd have a problem...The tattoo looks fine and doesn't itch or any redness. However, my lower legs have this rash and small boils and it itches along with my stomach and arms. I had been noticing a few days prior to getting the tattoo small bumps on my hands that would appear and then go away. I have no fever, my normal low body temp. If I was getting staph, would it be localized to the tattoo area? I'm thinking either developing an allergy to something or getting staph. Any recommendations or suggestions are appreciated. Should I call my FFC doc? When and if I should consider going to the ER, I really want to avoid this if possible.

Thank you!
  2. PVLady

PVLady New Member

Why don't you go to a Urgent Care walk-in clinic in your area. They have these clinics all over.

Your FFC doctor might only want to see pain patients. Also, the ER could be hours of waiting, plus sitting around some really sick people with the flu and colds while waiting.
  3. brainfoggy

brainfoggy New Member

I'm not sure my rash is staph or not but I will go and get tested. I guess they just take bloodwork?

Thank you