Symptoms Possible Signs of Arthritis, or more serious issue?

Discussion in 'General Health & Wellness' started by RoxyOViolet, Nov 29, 2010.

1. RoxyOViolet

RoxyOViolet New Member

I understand I should be seeing a doctor for this, but as I'm uninsured I like to first do my own research online first to see if my symptoms are indicative of something urgent.

About a 2 months ago my hands ached pretty bad. I assumed it was possible that it was the beginning stages of carpal tunnel. I rested my hands for a few days, and adjusted the way I typed. The achiness eventually wore off. After that though every morning my index finger hurts and is stiff. I must also mention that around this time the weather turned colder in my area. First it was my first joint (or dip joint as I've learned it's called) that was really stiff and sore every morning. Then a week later my middle index joint would be sore and stiff also. Now it's my whole index finger. Occasionally, my thumb or middle finger will be slightly sore also, but nothing like my index finger. I've found that moving it helps ease the pain or placing it under warm water also loosens it up. However, the a small amount of pain is always there throughout the day. It is nothing that prevents me from doing anything I would normally do, but it is a nuisance.

Also, I should mention I'm 29. I do use a computer for my job. The index finger that hurts also happens to be on my non-dominant (not writing hand) hand.

Any insight or personal stories would be helpful. Thanks!
  2. TwoCatDoctors

TwoCatDoctors New Member

ProHealth does not provide any doctors for their boards so you will only be getting responses from people like you.

If you go to the first thread on this Health Board, it is a bold post. On that thread are some links to find free doctors, and also to find medication. Please check it out. Good luck.
    [This Message was Edited on 11/29/2010]
  3. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Welcome to the board.

I've had arthritis for quite a while. ten-15 years. Have not had any pain; just
    swollen knuckles. (There goes my chance to be a hand model.)

I see you've already discovered the arthritis board. Maybe someone there can
    give you some good info.

Good luck.

Rock