Symptoms related to FM

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by faithlivin, Apr 21, 2007.

1. faithlivin

faithlivin New Member

Hi,

Last year, I was diagnosed with FMS and was instructed to go to physiotherapist for ultrasound. Unfortunately, this hasn't really brought much relief to my pain. I keep waking up stiff in the morning and feel unenergized all day even though I eat a lot.
    Lately, I read an article that listed the tender points associated with FM and I realized that my sore points are more on my left back (around waist) and along side the vertebra instead of the buttocks or knees (as mentioned in the article).
    Is there anyone who also experience the same thing as I do?
    My stomach is also bloated/gassy. On top of that, recently, I also feel sad without any reason. And I can say that generally I am quite a positive person. Could this be a symtom of FMS, too?
    If so, is there any supplement that I may take to reduce these symptoms?
  2. skikat

skikat New Member

HI FAITH, I HOPE YOUR NAME SOUNDS OUT YOUR PERSONALITY AS I AM A MINISTER. ANYWAY, I NEVER HEARD OF THAT BUT I HAVE FIBRO ALL OVER THEY TEST YOU FOR TRIGGER POINTS. THERE ARE SUPPOSED TO BE 18. I HAVE ALL OF THEM AND MORE , BUT THEN I ALSO HAVE OSTEOARTHRITIS, AND TUMORS ON MY KIDNEYS SO BACK PAIN COMES PRETTY REGULAR TO ME AS I HAVE ALSO HAD BACK SURGERIES. I HAVE ANOTHER PROBLEM THAT I HAVE NOT SPOKEN OF ON THE BOARD AND THAT IS SEVERE BOWELL BLOCKAGES. THEY WILL CAUSE YOU TO BLOAT AND HAVE GAS. I WONDERED IF YOU HAVE THAT ALSO? I HAVE TO TAKE A LOT OF MORPHINE AND PERCOCET AND MUSCLE RELAXERS AND THAT IS WHAT PAIN MEDS DO TO YOU. SO MAYBE PUT MY NAME IN THE SLOT ON THE MESSAGE BOARD AND I CAN GET YOUR ATTN AND TRY TO HELP YOU MORE. I AM SURE THAT MANY OTHERS WILL POST ON YOUR THREAD ALSO AND THEY ARE SO GOOD AT HELPING EACH OTHER. I JUST CANT SAY ENOUGH GOOD THINGS ABOUT THEM. LATER THEN...SKI
  3. faithlivin

faithlivin New Member

Hi Skikat,

Thank you for supporting me. I'm so sorry to hear about your multiple pain. Now I feel my problem is much simpler than yours.
    I guess I get frustrated because even after going to so many doctors, I'm still not sure if what I'm suffering from is FMS. So far, I keep hearing different theories and have been prescribed so many medicines without seeing results.
    If I know that there is someone out there who has similar symtoms as mine and know how to cope with those, I'd be happy to hear it.