Symptoms with chronic Lyme?

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease Archives' started by lenasvn, Sep 18, 2006.

1. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

I usually post on the FM board. I have a question about chronic Lyme infection. Is it possible to have symtom free (besides cognitive fog, neuropathy, muscle weakness) periods, does severity come an go in waves? Does it get significantly worse during the wintertime?

Also, did anyone here have neck/spine pain for many years with crackel and pops, where the pain eventually went to mild from being really bad?

I would really appreciate any reply! Thanks everyone!
  2. jarjar

jarjar New Member

I don't know anything about feeling worse in the winter but I can offer advice on your question.

I talked with a CFS/FM doctor the other day. She has over 200 patients. She said that she realizes that if she tested all her patients with an accurate test like Igenex practically all of them would test positive for Lyme.

She is a doctor of mine and a recovered patient herself.

The majority of Lyme Docs will tell you that CFS/FM is just a misdiagnosed case of lyme. They see it everyday.

Over 50% of lyme cases don't even remember being bitten by a tick. I strongly encourage you to go get an Igenex Western Blot test and have a lyme aware doc look at it.

I wasted WAY to many years of my life with a wrong diagnosis.

best wishes

J

P.s. Neck pain is a red flag along with cognitive and all the other ailments of Lyme disease.[This Message was Edited on 09/18/2006]
  3. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

Thanks bunches!!!

My neck pain have subsided as the years have passed, but if I get viral in the winter I get it all over again, it feels like the spine gets all swollen, and I never recover from the viral stuff.

I will go Igenex with my doc ASAP.
  4. nyssagirl

nyssagirl New Member

For some time now, I have been getting cracks and pops in my lower back and upper back. On the days I have those, I hurt much worse. Is this something that goes aong with lyme, does anyone know?
    I always get worse in the wintertime. I always get worse when it rains, also. I dread winter, it just about does me in every year.
    Thanks for any comments you have.
    Nyssagirl