symptoms, wondering if....

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by loto, Jan 12, 2010.

1. loto

loto Member

Hi All.
    Does anyone with FM also have low abdominal pain, pain during urination (NOT A UTI), and frequent needs to urinate??? It's almost just like symptoms of UTI, but I have NO infections. I'm going to see a urologist in a few weeks.
    Just wondering if it could be FM related or not. These crazy symptoms came on this past November, and I'm still on the road to finding out what's going on.

Loto
  2. yucca133

yucca133 Member

I have had an irritable bladder for a very long time. I had a hysterectomy a few years ago and it seems like the problem is worse since the operation.

It is a very annoying problem, especially when I am not at home. It is a feeling of having to urinate whether I have had much to drink or not. Usually, I cannot pass much urine during the day. When I lay down at night to go to sleep that is when the feeling really kicks in but at that time I am able to urinate more. Sometimes I have to go 3-4 times before going to sleep.

I might have an uncomfortable feeling until the flow starts, but no real pain. I have read that irritable bladder is symptomatic of fibromyalgia. I've tried a few of the meds that they have for the problem and I guess they help a little.

I would be curious to know if others experience similar problems too. I hope the urologist helps you with your concerns Loto. Best of luck!
  3. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

well I don't have the pain during urination, but do have the abdominal pain and I do have to go quite often at night (I have literally gone 6 times in the first hour I lay down, and then woken up every hour to hour and a half to go......REALLY interferes with sleep)
  4. JLH

JLH New Member

I have had fibro for years and years .... and have not experienced any low abdominal pain nor pain during urination. But then, we all are different.

I do experience a frequent need to urinate, but that is due to my diabetes as well as the large amount of water that I drink.

I'm glad that you will be seeing a doctor in a few weeks.
  5. loto

loto Member

for replying.
    It's just soooooooo strange. I think if it were something really serious I'd have the pain every time I urinate, but it just comes and goes as it pleases!!! Crazy!!! I was prescribed Urelle, and it does help with the pain, not to mention turn everything that comes out blue!!
    So, I'm just getting impatient having to wait till the appt. And then I'm sure I'll have to wait more, till they schedule all kinds of tests. AHHHHHHH! I'm sick and tired of waiting for EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!
    And, to top it all off, I went for a skin check this morning, because I have a history of a melanoma. (Had one removed about a year ago). Well, there are 8 more spots my dermatologist wants to remove because of their shape and color. So, that didn't really surprise me all that much, cause it seems theres always something wrong with me, but, I have to wait until next month, on 2 seperate appointments (2 weeks apart), to get them removed and sent off for testing.
    So, I know we're all impatient about our health because theres always something wrong, and we ALWAYS HAVE TO WAIT!!!!!
    Sorry for the ranting.....but thanks for letting me!! LOL
    Lori