symtoms

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by erkymm, Oct 9, 2002.

1. erkymm

erkymm New Member

hello does anyone ever have knees ,hips, across top of feet and joints in hands ache and burn 24/7 also ache across the bridge of nose ,hands feel swollen but not . been tested 2 yrs ago for r/a neg have osteo in hands just starting rhummy says,but what about the hips and everywhere else?
  2. erkymm

erkymm New Member

hello does anyone ever have knees ,hips, across top of feet and joints in hands ache and burn 24/7 also ache across the bridge of nose ,hands feel swollen but not . been tested 2 yrs ago for r/a neg have osteo in hands just starting rhummy says,but what about the hips and everywhere else?
  3. herblady

herblady New Member

well you could have arhtirits starting everywhere else too. it happened to me. plus tendonitis in several joints. but not the bridge of the nose, it has no joints. i can't imagine what is causing that, have you injured it? cindi
  4. allhart

allhart New Member

i have the knee hip and across the top of the feet thing i think its the fm but not sure
  5. pam_d

pam_d New Member

I can relate to the burning achy pain- tops of feet, joints. Also one of my most annoying (and absolutely constant) symptoms is hands that feel swollen & inflamed but aren't. New docs always think I have lupus, or arthritis but tests prove otherwise-- and no anti-inflammatories are effective (nSAIDs, prednisone, etc.). I just FEEL inflamed & swollen, but I'm not. Sometimes the feeling in my hands & toes gets so bad my fingernails & toenails feel as if they are getting pinched. This is sure a strange disease, isn't it?... Hope you have better days!

Pam
  6. sean

sean New Member

The test for RA, does not always show up positive in people with RA in the early stages, you might wan't to bear that in mind. Having said that your symptoms are not unusual for FMS.
  7. lilwren

lilwren New Member

I have had pain in feet and hands for quite a while now. I recently started seeing a nutritionist who did a 24 urine test and it showed high uric acid levels, which she said in my case were causing gout - a form of arthritis. It seems that kidney problems and/or kidney stones cause excess amounts of uric acid and it concentrates in the cooler parts of the body - hands and feet (a simplified explanation). I'm not saying that's what's causing your pain, but it may be worth checking into. I am taking an herbal/enzyme for it and it seems to be helping with the pain.

Most sources say that gout occurs in older, obese, people, but I am 39 and underweight. Info also says that it is considered one of the auto-immune problem.

The Prescription for Nutritional Healing book has some good dietary recommendations in it concerning gout.

Hope you find some relief, and some answers.

love,

Sharon L