Synergistic effect from adrenal glandulars + hormones?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by bpmwriter, Jan 8, 2006.

1. bpmwriter

bpmwriter New Member

hi all,

has anyone taken an adrenal glandular product while supplementing with hormones (ie. cortisol, t3, testosterone) at the same time? i've got dr. james wilson adrenal rebuilder on the way which lists no side effects or contraidciated medications so i assume it would be safe to also take hormones. just wondering if anyone has done this and was it effective?

eddie
  2. bioman85

bioman85 New Member

What is your reason for taking hormones?

Chris
  3. bpmwriter

bpmwriter New Member

i was on bio-identical hormones through the ffc in atlanta after testing low across the board. i went off them after about 3 months due to some new symptoms that i thought might be related to the hormones. turns out they weren't related so i was thinking about getting back on them. the t3 seemed especially effective in helping with my energy level and overall sense of well-being. this adrenal product i ordered also contains small amounts of gonad, pituitary and thyroid glandular, so perhaps i'll wait and see how i feel on it before considering hormones again. it makes more sense to me to restore and rebuild the glands than supplement with hormones (essentially doing the body's work for it), but the t3 sure did feel "right" in the beginning.

i just looked at your thread regarding your thyroid numbers and they're almost identical to what mine were. you'll feel better on t3 for sure. did they also test you for adrenal function? i assume they did. it's very important to treat any adrenal insufficiency before treating thyroid.

eddie
    [This Message was Edited on 01/08/2006]
  4. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

is right on the mark. I started out w/ the Dr. Wilson's and got good results, even though I'm on no conjunctive hormone treatment and Dr. Wilson's contain no actual hormones.

I'm on different brands of glandulars that are processed a different way to preserve the integrety of the glands and the hormones and nutrients they contain and am getting great results. Better than the Wilson's I'd say and they are easy to digest, i was retasting the Wilson's all the time, but I figured the results were worth it. They were, but I don't get that w/ the new ones. I've added dessicated liver too, which always boosts me. I was low in iron and liver is high in it.

Please let us know how you do. Hope you get the great results I did, no risk of side effects either. Was perscribed cortisol years ago, gave me a yeast inf. after a few pills and when I found out it was a steroid I tossed them. Wish I'd tried the glandulars years sooner.

jeanne
  5. bpmwriter

bpmwriter New Member

is the liver from a porcine (hog) source? i've been reading a lot about kutapressin and it's just hog liver. seems like something we could take in supplement form at a fraction of the cost. or perhaps it's the injections that make it so effective?

eddie
  6. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

so the iron/mineral content and B vitamins are still there. I wouldn't want to be taking extracts of it. I do take vitamins (because my gut just can't absorb all I need from food), and they are isolates, but mostly the whole food or whole herb w/ it's synergists are best, imo.

Jeanne