synthroid is only T4 we need T3 also

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by david_olenick, Mar 24, 2003.

1. david_olenick

david_olenick New Member

I am posting this , in pain, to help ., please don't send me arguments !
    When thyroxine was from animal sources , patients would get both T3 and T4. When they made synthroid they only made T4 because they said that T4 would be converted by the body into T3. They were wrong. the body can do this only if the body i at an exact body temp. if I'm wrong why then do they now have a new one called "cynoplus" which has a small amount of T3 added to it. I took the old synthroid and threw it away because in the past i was taking armour thyroid which has the T3. I started taking Cynoplus and noticed a considerable improvement.
    Tell you Dr. you want to try CYNOPLUS and see for yourself.
    Call your pharmacist first and see if they have it are can get it. It's fairly new on the market. Otherwise get the Armour brand from bovine. the pharmacist will tell you, if he reads the book that armour does contain a small amount of t3 but synthroid does not!
    Regards
    David
    ps: wonwerful people here, may we all be blessed. we need a miracle!
    [This Message was Edited on 03/27/2003]
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

First, welcome to our board. I don't know what your experience has been on message board, but we do not allow rudeness here.

Thank you for posting on this. I am lucky that I can take the Synthroid but was prepared to take the Armour thyroid if it didn't work. Now, it appears we have another options. This is good to know and I am glad it is working for you.

Love, Mikie
  3. david_olenick

david_olenick New Member

i have had some fanatics that enjoy debating. i am in severe pain now because my dr left and the dr that replaced him will not give me pain meds.
    it was coincidental about the t3 connection. my cousin called me and said, "david, i don't think this synthroid is helping me." i told her that i had recently heard an endocrinologist say that we need t3 as well as t4 and that she maybe be correct. my dr won't give it to me but fortunately i live 150 miles from Mexico and a friend goes there once a month and gets it for me. i can verify that i noticed an almost immediate improvement in my feeling of general well being.
    dr's in FM should read these group messages, but they might learn something and since they already have the script pad, there's "to" much easy money out there to do any extra studying.
    thanks for your kind reply and please let me know how the cynoplus or armour natural works for you. i would be very happy to hear some good news.
    david
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Making personal attacks or being rude are not allowed. It's OK as long as we stick to the issue at hand and not involve personal attacks.

Again, thanks for this valuable info. I hope you can get some help for the pain. Geez, doesn't that new doc realize no one should be taken off pain meds like that?

Love, Mikie