**SYSTEMIC ENZYMES**--questions

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by quanked, May 14, 2011.

1. quanked

quanked Member

I posted this in a different thread. Someone kindly suggested that I might get more responses if I started a different thread.....

Yesterday I saw my doctor and she gave me the results of my liver ultrasound I had done. No abnormalities could bee seen in my liver or gall bladder. I have a small cyst on my liver that does not concern her.

So she said I need more liver tests. We discussed the fact that I have been on Celebrex for about 10 years and it might be a factor. So, she has asked me to stop taking Celebrex for 2 weeks and then have my blood drawn for testing. While I was there I showed her info on systemic enzyme therapy and asked her if there was any reason why I should not give it a try. She researched it while I was there and she did not see any reason why not. And I thought this might be a good time to give this therapy a try.

The problem is I have not found any info on dosing or what brands might be more useful than others. I want to order some today if I can.

Anyone on the board have any ideas or recommendations on these issues?

Thanks in advance for any and all responses.
  2. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

I have not used systemic enzymes but I have seen them discussed on lymenet.org's Medical Questions board.

In a quick search there I found different ones mentioned, such as Wobenzyme, Flavenzym, Lumbrokinase, Transformation Protease 375K, and Nattokinase, etc.

I think you can find alot of info and recommendations there if you use the search feature to find some old posts. You could also post your own questions.

I may try these in the future.
  3. ILoveGreen

ILoveGreen New Member

Have you ever heard of Dr. Hulda Clark? Her main premise is that all disease is parasite-based, cysts in particular are allegedly sacs of larvae waiting to hatch. (I realize this sounds GROSS to anyone unfamiliar with the concept of parasites.) You might try googling her and see what you find, or else google liver cysts and parasites. Good luck!

4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

She does have other products. Zappers only kill parasites in the bloodstream and not the cysts deep inside the body's tissues. The FDA threatened her and made her stop touting the benefits of her products. I'm sorry, this thread is digressing from your original question too.

Love, Mikie
  5. quanked

quanked Member

You are right it does sound gross but I will look it up. I have seen the name Hulda Clark mentioned here but not sure in what context.

I too began some systemic enzymes today. The combo is called Medizym, gound it on Swanson's site. I will give this stuff a try. I chose the product that had the enzymes discussed in a study I read. It was difficult choosing without really understanding what I might need but it is a place to start.

Today is my 7th day without Celebrex and I think I am doing okay. I caught a cold on Thursday so in some ways it is hard to tell. I think I will have a better sense of how I am doing once I no longer have a need for massive numbers of kleenx : )

Good luck jam with your enzymes. We will have to compare notes down the road.