Systemic Yeast Overgrowth could be the culprit

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by akabobbi, Aug 12, 2003.

1. akabobbi

akabobbi New Member

I read about Yeast overgrowth last summer and was surprised to find that ALL of my symptoms were covered there. Fibromyalgia itself is listed as a symptom of yeast overgrowth. I found that doing an herbal cleanse and going off sugars for a two week period was quite helpful ,but i didn't stick to the other things you need to do after the cleanse so i have been feeling kindof icky again. I hate that fibromyalgia almosts runs my life. However, because i am sooo very stubborn I will not give in.Is anyone else out there bothered by severe edema of the feet and ankles?And or migraines? This all is very annoying, but our lives must go on and we can help one another by sharing info. I am new to this site and don't get here as often as I'd like but it is great to be understood finally.
  2. klutzo

klutzo New Member

I avoided ALL sugars for two whole years, and took probiotics and garlic and caprylic acid and grapefruit seed extract and a couple others I've forgotten by now. Other than losing a bunch of weight, my fibro symptoms stayed exactly the same.
    Of course, we are all different, and I hope it works for you.
    Klutzo

P.S. No edema, but did have awful migraines. They got a lot worse in the perimenopausal years and disappeared totally at menopause.
  3. akabobbi

akabobbi New Member

You did better than me. Never would I make a whole year without sugar, let alone two. But I did the herbal cleanse thing for two weeks and did regain some energy. I just feel like I am toxic or that I ought to glow in the dark from all the meds, ya know?
    I am gonna try the herbal cleanse again and look into some natural things to detox my system. I am not sure what will work but I gotta try something. I am itching all the time now too, especially at night as well as in alot of pain. Truthfully all these symptoms, doctors and meds is for the birds. And my doctor is soooo very unconcerned, he treats me as if I am annoying him when I ask for something to make life a bit easier, like a pain reliever that I am not allergic to and something stronger than benedryll for the itching. I am taking 4 benedryl at night just to get the itching to a dull roar. There must be something that will help and I hope to find it soon because it feels like fibromyalgia is running my life and that is not acceptable.
  4. jadibeler

jadibeler New Member

about this since reading things here. I always thought Candida was only a vaginal infection and sexually transmitted. I used to have a lot of them but no one ever said it was Candida - they didn't say it was anything except "yeast infection".

Now it appears that Candida can effect all parts of the body and this has me confused. I have no idea what it's supposed to do to us, I just haven't figured it out to anything I could put my finger on. But I'm beginning to think that maybe I should be tested for it. How is it tested for if not on a vaginal swab? It's been years since I had a vaginal infection, antibiotics don't even give me one any more.

JoAnn
  5. keeponsmiling

keeponsmiling New Member

Hello, everyone. I'm new here to this board. :)

I have been plagued with yeast problems since my childhood. The problem of Candida overgrowth is rampant these days. Stress, high carbohydrate diet, overuse of antibiotics, lowered immune system in susceptible individuals... all contribute to the problem.

Once the yeast has spread out of the intestines, it can go systemic, affecting nearly every body organ. My doctor put me on a 2 month regimen of Diflucan, a very potent anti-fungal, and I no longer have any symptoms whatsoever. Even my sinuses were affected! Now I can breathe through my nose! LOL

CFS has many root causes. This was just an added problem that was contributing to my excessive fatigue. You might want to ask your doctor about putting you on a trial dose of Diflucan. And I agree that most doctors don't recognize this problem. Find a holistic/alternative medicine doctor. There's also an excellent book entitiled "The Yeast Connection" by Dr. Crook. I found it to be very helpful.

All the best,

Cheryll Snow