T3 and 1 month of Weight Loss

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Juloo, Jan 23, 2006.

1. Juloo

Juloo Member

I've been on T3 since my 2nd appt. w/the Atlanta FFC. I am now up to the 50 mcg. dose (two days into it).

A couple of weeks after my appointment, my husband and I had an appointment w/the local nurse practitioner who oversees our Effexor. She does regular bloodwork, and she was concerned that my husband's cholesterol was 'going up'. (Actually it has been a lot higher, so it was on the way down, but it was still high.) Anyhow, my husband did not want to go on statins (he'd just finished reading an article the FFC gave me on why statins might be better off avoided), so he decided to get serious about diet.

This has helped me A LOT. We're all (including son) on a low sugar, low-ish (but high-quality) carbs kind of diet -- more like a lifestyle change. In addition, he has stopped two extracurricular activities that have taken him out at least two nights a week, and he exercises every night instead. I do 30 minutes on my treadmill.

Since I was at my highest weight right before Christmas (233.5 lbs.), I am now down to 221!.

My husband's lost about the same. Even our son has lost 3 lbs.!

The good part of this is that it is all finally feeling like a real 'routine' that I can live with. At 9 o'clock, when son is finally in bed, I unfold the old treadmill, turn on Dr. Phil (or whatever), and walk.