Table Mate at Bed Bath and Beyond

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Rene, Apr 26, 2006.

1. Rene

Rene New Member

Hi I got a flyer and that tablemate is sold at Bed bath and beyond. It was the table on the commercial "as seen on TV".

Its going for thirty dollars.
    Rene
  2. Rene

Rene New Member

3. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

My husband got one at Walmart recently.

Hugs,
    Faye
  4. Rene

Rene New Member

Cool I was getting one for my mom. Do you know how much? I got a $5 coupon too in that flyer for Bed Bath and Beyond and I never get to go to places like that as I am pretty much a shut in.

I will go though for my mom.
    Rene
  5. UnicornK

UnicornK New Member

What's a table mate? Could be my fibrofog, but I don't remember ever hearing of it. LOL

God bless.
  6. victoria

victoria New Member

(LOL)

---that slides over a bed or chair so one can be in bed or sit in a chair and eat, read, do whatever you need a table for. It's the same idea of those bedside tables they have in the hospital for much less money, lightweight, but stable.

The one at BB&B do seem quite stable, I was going to get one for my MIL, but wishing they weren't all white... the other brands don't seem as sturdy.

I'm thinking about getting that spray paint that you can use on plastic chairs and toys and just spraying it a color for fun at least ... anyone ever try painting anything with that paint? Wondering how well the paint lasts...

all the best,
    Victoria

7. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

Rene,
    The table was $18.28 at Walmart. I had to look up the cash register receipt to find it.

But my son loaned his laptop out and the guy hasn't given it back, so I don't have a laptop to put on it. :(

It is big enough to put a laptop and a mouse on the table. I haven't tried it of course, so I don't know how steady it would be. I'm trying to get my son to get the laptop back, but he doesn't get home until 9:45 PM, and by then I forget to ask him. lol

Hugs,
    Faye
  8. lil_angel1198

lil_angel1198 New Member

works pretty well...you just have to be carefull not to use too much at once, it'll run.
    I used it on our outside chairs and table, and they look pretty good. Did it a year ago, I think.
  9. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

I just wanted to mention that I don't know if the table my husband bought at Walmart was a generic version of the Table Mate as it doesn't have that brand name on it. So it could be a cheaper version of it.

Just wanted you to know that. Is worth it to check it out and if you don't like it you can take it back to Walmart.

Hugs,
    Faye
  10. Rene

Rene New Member

Faye yes I called Wal Mart here in CA and they have a version of it. I'm sure it'll be fine as my mom will only need it for her meals and glasses of water.

Thanks for saving me $5.00!
    RENE
  11. victoria

victoria New Member

the only one I saw was one that would not extend over a chair or bed, forget what it was called - something similar, but same price...

is this what you found? or is it different from the BB&B one/one on TV?

Confused,
    Victoria
  12. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

Victoria,
    The one we got looked like the Table Mate that was on TV. It just doesn't have the brand name printed anywhere on the understand of the table.

This was the one I have been mentioning will go up or down so you can adjust the height of it and it folds up for storage.

It will fit over a bed or chair, but you need room for the legs that are shaped like a U to slide under the chair/bed.

It is definitely big enough for a laptop and a mouse if you wanted to use it for that.

I don't have the box and never really looked at it, to be frank. My husband recycled the box, so we don't have that anymore. I forgot the name that it was called on the box, but my husband found it at Walmart. I guess he went to the furniture area of the store.

Hugs,
    Faye
  13. lillyrose33

lillyrose33 New Member

Got one for my Dad, and he loves it. Fits all his chairs and his bed. It was $19.99.

LIllyrose
  14. Rene

Rene New Member

Table mate is at BB&B and also Linen and Things. Its the "as seen on TV" one.
    Rene
  15. victoria

victoria New Member

the Wal-Mart here must be out of it then, I guess, because they didn't have it (looked in furniture part).... oh well.

At least at BB&B one doesn't have to pay shipping.

Looking on the bright side, LOL!
    Victoria
  16. Rene

Rene New Member

Also it $10 cheaper then the price on tv. It was $39.00 on tv.
    Rene