Taco Bell, You won't believe what I saw...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by painterZ, May 29, 2007.

1. painterZ

painterZ New Member

I admit to occasionally enjoying Taco Bell food. I know it's not the healthiest, but figured it's Ok now and then. The other day I was in the drive-thru, sort of day dreaming while waiting my turn. It was then that I noticed the box near the dumpster, it read:

Taco Bell Beef
    Fit for human

Eeeeewwwwwwww! What on Earth does that mean? Does all resturant food say that?

I just kept driving thru, went home and ate some yogurt and an apple.

2. boltchik

boltchik New Member

EEEEEEWWWWWW!!!! My thoughts exactly. I don't eat there because the last time I did, I had a bad stomachache. Well, the words on that box are just another reason to stay away! Thanks. Kim
  3. pat460

pat460 New Member

Coulda been worse--unfit for human consumption! lol! Maybe the universe just wanted you to eat a healthy meal that day.

I've worked in several restaurants, but I've never seen that before. It usually says Grade A Beef. I don't know why it would have that on the box but, it does sound kinda gross huh?

4. Now, I need to pause for a second to induce vomiting...as I just ate taco bell myself... and am ready to explode already,,, ICK!

WHY do we DO THIS TO OURSELVES!.. I *almost* called my sister, as she was out getting it, to cancel that order'... because, I *guess* the thought of eating, once again, was enough to cause me to lose my appetite---yeah, I've permanently glued my foil hat on, then my helmet (equipped with drool cup) on top of that, to my head... OMG, I'm such a freakin' botard..

I even wonder sometimes, if I am some sick, sadistic....? self-abuser....

I prayed, begged, pleaded for answers...so many yrs of paaaainn vomiting, ER trips (just felt the need to be degraded, while vomiting... y'know...), etc...

NOW, I KNOW a huge part* of "MY puzzle"... and I've become too lame to put the puzzle together! (and I used all the glue on my foil hat/helmet.)

Glad you stopped yourself, though...wish I had called & cancelled... or just said "OH WELL" about the money, and not eaten that nasty stuff. Agony! geeze!

And- if you realllllly wanna be disgusted... read the ingredients of an MRE ( meal-ready-to-Eat..compliments, of the good ole government...) each meal provides 3,000 calories.....of....well... uhhmm.... 'government secrets blend' "meats" truly, repulsive stuff... they should NOT list the ingredients--not on THOSE at least-- since soldiers in training, or war-zones, etc are extremely hungry, and are GONNA eat it...though--- there IS an awful lot of "trading" entire meals... or items..

Icky... thanks 4 the post- seriously, I think that really WILL help me never eat there again! ( for a few weeks/months....I sooo suck..lol I truly CAN be my WORST ENEMY... well....behind MANYYYYYY doctors....

Enjoy the yogurt & apple, in peace & comfort...

I'll be up for hours with this d***ed nausea, bloating, pain, discomfort...etc.... cuz I'm a "dee-dee-dee" (a carlos mencia phrase...basically for "duhhhh! dumba@@)

Take care.....Laura
  5. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

It was really good to see the foil hats come back, I haven't seen one in ages.

Sorry you're not feeling so well....and pretty much all fast food is disgusting. Just ask someone who's worked there.

Nancy B
  6. therealmadscientist

therealmadscientist New Member

It's very simple: "Fit for human consumption" is put on the meat label so it won't get mixed up with the boxes labeled "Unfit for human consumption" stacked next to it.

Ummm, there are reasons why so many restuarants have open viewing kitchens.
  7. sues1

sues1 New Member

Cows are not thought of as road kill......but maybe these are cows that crosses over from Texas, strays, that falls to their demise in some sort of fashion, other than normal?

Anyhow if this is true, I wonder where and how it is processed...countys name it came from would be intersting?

OH....and I loved treating my self now and then....Sad
  8. therealmadscientist

Cows have safe dropping level of 1/4 inch (100% survival). Most survive higher drops, but survival decreases with height of fall. This has been proved by science. Some of the beef may be left over from the experiments that discovered the LD50 of cows versus height. (50% survival rate at a certain height=Lethal Dose50%). I put aluminum hats on all my cows.

(I like to stick to the facts, and the facts are that none of my cows have developed mad cow disease.)

I borrowed a bit from a hilarious David Barry column about cows falling out of sky and sinking a fishing boat.[This Message was Edited on 05/31/2007]
  9. kriket

kriket New Member

write taco bell a nice letter and explain to them that it's nice to know that the food that they are serving to the public is fit for human consumption. What if a box got mixed up and really was not fit for human consumption.

I do not eat at taco bell. I have heard horror stories about some fast food restauraunts as my brother is an electrician and tells me all kinds of stories about what he sees in the kithches of some of them.

10. sues1

sues1 New Member

They say that this story has been around for a long time in various forms.......but is false.

Stated that the meat is regular ground beef and so forth, nothing unordinary added to it. So I guess we can still enjoy it.

11. painterZ

painterZ New Member

I don't care what Snoopes says, I was there, and I saw it!! I certainly wouldn't write something like that and put my name to it (even if it's my username). I resent the implication that I'd lie.

12. therealmadscientist

Maybe someone from a rival chain put the labeled package in clear view. (I'm pretty sure the David Barry cow story was true).
    Hmmm, maybe next time I go by, I'll throw some empty cans of dog meat in the Taco Bell garbage? Or wait till April fool's day because it would probably make it the local newspaper in this town. Just kidding, of course.

[This Message was Edited on 06/01/2007]
    [This Message was Edited on 06/01/2007]
  13. kriket

kriket New Member

but I dont really don't want to grose you out. Do you guys ever watch the restaurant reports???? Sometimes thet will make you sick.

Big ole hair-GROSS!!!!!

painterZ- I believe every word that you say.

14. painterZ

painterZ New Member

thanks! I just feel like I've made some friends here, and on the depression board, and just don't want to be made out as a fool.