Taco Meat "recipe"

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Beadlady, Aug 28, 2011.

1. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

I used round steak, but you could also use stew meat or even a roast. No set recipe but I used about 4 pounds of frozen round steak, and sliced them into strips when they were almost de-thawed.

I put into my crock with 3 big spoons of crushed garlic and a can of french onion soup--enough to cover. you could also use beef broth but I didn't have any.

I gave each steak a light sprinkle of cumin too. I made the meat very mild so others could spice it up the way they like it.

I cooked this for about 2 hours on high and then about an hour on medium. it was very tender when done and hubby took 2 fork and pulled the meat apart.

we used lettuce, cut up olives, tomatoes, avacado, onions, fresh ciltranto, we used a blend of jack & cheddar cheese, sour cream and warmed refried beans. We also had tostitoes chips

This was a fun dinner enjoyed by all. Happy cooking!!!

Also had salsa

2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

A big blender full of Margaritas. Ole! Ole!

Love, Mikie
  3. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

Beadlady !! It sounds really good. We went out to eat with some couples last night to eat Mexican. It was good and of course we had Margarities too, Mikie.

Will have to make that one of these days.

Of course you have to have salsa too plus sour cream and grated cheese on top too. Guacamole made of avacodos is great too and used a lot here. You can buy that or makeit as mild or hot as you would like. MMM good !