TADA A new stained glass angel I made as a gift

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ckball, Oct 25, 2007.

1. ckball

ckball New Member

See my profile to see my latest creation. My boss is having a baby girl in a few weeks. She has 2 boys already.

She had a sister that was retarded and died at the age of 19. Her name was Courtney, so she is going to name her little girl after her sister.

I thought the Angel holding the baby was a symbol that her sister is watching over her family. I hope she likes it.

It felt good to work on this and I may start making other peices soon. I did not use a pattern, I drew it out on paper first, then transferred to glass. Carla
  2. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

a brilliant design and I'm sure your boss is going to love it as will her little girl.

3. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

You do great work.

4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

This is stunningly beautiful! How tall is it; I can't tell from the pic.

You are very, very talented. Thanks for sharing.

Love, Mikie
  5. ckball

ckball New Member

My boss is a very special lady and I wanted to do something special for her.

The angel is 14 inches from the top of her head to the bottom of her dress.

It is hanging in my art room, the doors open to my screen in porch which has a clear roof on it, that way it doesn't take the light from my art room and expands my working area.

Thanks again for looking and all your wonderful comments, they are very much appreciated and hope it inspires someone to learn that they can be creative too, just open your mind and beleive in yourself- Carla
  6. victoria

victoria New Member

That IS a beautiful piece, definitely my favorite too!! Did you design it yourself? I love how the wings and gown extend beyond the circle in particular, it really gives the angel a 'presence'!!!!

all the best,

[This Message was Edited on 10/25/2007]
  7. Sbilek

Sbilek New Member

That is a beautiful angel. I love angels, and you are a fine artist!

8. kriket

kriket New Member

9. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

All of your work is beautiful, but that piece is just special.

It's the only word I can think of to describe it.

Nancy B
  10. ckball

ckball New Member

for taking the time to look and comment on my work. I may make a few of these without the baby for the gallery.

The baby, the head and blanket are very small peices that have to be hand ground to fit, I spent most of time on those tricky peices. Definitely a lesson in patience.

Glad everyone appreciated it- Carla
  11. bigmama2

bigmama2 New Member

very very nice!!!!

12. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

I think I told you before but it was probably on the Porch. Your angel is beautiful and you should continue to be proud of yourself !!!

Keep em coming !!

Big hugs,

13. tansy

tansy New Member

and I love your angel holding a baby, what a fantastic tribute.

Many shy away from creative and artistic activities believing they have no natural ability or need to be taught formally. It's when we have a go, enjoy learning a few new skills, that we can discover what we are really capable of.

Presents we have make ourselves are true gifts.

TC, Tansy
    [This Message was Edited on 10/28/2007]
  14. ckball

ckball New Member

Thank you so much and you are so right. I was a late bloomer-after 40. I have lots of failures, they hang in my windows as lessons of what not to do.

Sheepy and Granni I always appreciate you looking and wonderful words-Carla
  15. Denamay

Denamay New Member

Dear Carla, You realy out did yourself this time!

The angel is lovely.
    The sentiment and the symbolism makes it extra meaningful and brings tears to my eyes.

I am sure the beautiful angel will be a special keepsake for many years to come,
    Well done! Love Denamay
  16. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

what a nice story behind it.

17. LadyC

LadyC New Member

You are really talented!!!!