Tai Chi

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by CATHYRG, Aug 4, 2006.

1. CATHYRG

CATHYRG New Member

HI GUYS, HAS ANYONE TRIED TIA CHI? I HAVE BEEN ASK TO TAKE A COURSE AND AM NOT TO FAMILIAR WITH IT. THANKS, CATHY
  2. louiesgirl2

louiesgirl2 New Member

As I understand it is very slow movements into different positions, not unlike Yoga. You do what you can do.
  3. trishabeth

trishabeth New Member

Tai Chi helped me think more clearly and slow down. I was more productive after that.
  4. Susan07

Susan07 New Member

I bought the tape with David Carridine and for the last several years I have been doing the portion called "Opening the Gates". Only 7 movements in the Opening the Gates which seem to open up each of your joints.

There is no getting on the floor, the movements are slow to the rhythm of your breathing, and it really helps in the morning to get your circulation moving.

I have worked up to 7 of each, down to 2 (when I'm really in a flare) and currently do 4 of each. It's turned out to be the only exercise I have been able to do continually.

Wish you well,
    Susan
  5. LittleBluestem

LittleBluestem New Member

I took a Tai Chi class and loved it. Unfortuneately I was not able to keep it up while trying to keep my job and have now forgotten how. While I haven't done yoga, I think it is more active than yoga.

You have probably seen photos of people out in a park doing exercises in China. They were most likely doing Tai Chi.
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Which was created by a Master. It really helps body, mind, and soul, even though the movements are slow and deliberate.

Love, Mikie
  7. ellie5320

ellie5320 New Member

I did a course for rehab the one recomended for arthritis I enjoyed it but my arms didn't I suggest go and try it.
    Linda
  8. fifthofanickel

fifthofanickel New Member

It made my symptoms worse. More pain in the hips, arms & between the shoulder blades..I think it's 'cause the movements are so slow. Esp. when first learning. If you can learn it at your own speed instead of super slow movements, it might work for you.

Might be worth a try, I've heard it worked really well for some people w/Fibro/Cfs...

Hugs & blessings;
    Fifth