take a look at this gorgeous sunset

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by sunflowergirl, Jan 17, 2007.

1. sunflowergirl

sunflowergirl Active Member

I love the sunsets in winter in So. Calif. I run out almost daily around 4:45 to catch the show.
  2. boltchik

boltchik New Member

We do have some beautiful sunsets here in So. Cal.! That picture is really gorgeous. It kind of captures the whole idea of So. Calif. with the palm trees. Thanks for sharing. Kim :)
  3. kholmes

kholmes New Member

Kind of reminds me of the Hotel California album cover.
  4. Pottersclay

Pottersclay New Member

That is VERY pretty.

My daughter took a picture of a sunset here today. The trees sparkled with all the ice on them! I live in New York where winter finally arrived! It is a whopping 15 degrees out right now!
  5. sisland

sisland New Member

Sunset! Thanks for sharing it with us!,,,,,,,S
  6. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

Now that is really beautiful, lucky you to be able to see that.

Rosie
  7. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

8. ckball

ckball New Member

I see you are learning to paint, this would be a great painting.

See my profile for my sunset in Ky from my porch, not as great as yours but I love sets-Carla
  9. sleepyinlalaland

sleepyinlalaland New Member

join the "sunset club"? Since moving (back) to So. Cal a few years ago, I also have been snapping sunset shots almost every evening.

I moved back to my hometown in So. Cal after living several decades in the Northwest. I still kinda miss the seasons, but I realized that fall and winter sunsets are great compensation for not having fall color.

Oh, DUH, guess what!? I don't know how to post a photo! I'm used to using a "browse" button to select a photo. Can anyone give me a quickie course in POSTING PHOTOS to this space? (sheesh, I can't believe myself)

Anyway, happy to meet another sunset collector!
  10. sunflowergirl

and yes it does look similiar.

I need to change my profile. I'm not doing tiles anymore although who knows down the road.

I take an advanced class of watercolor on Tuesday.....and it's free.....the kinda of price I like. The artist is well known in So. Calif, Tom Fong. He's very loose with his style and I'm trying to learn as much as I can from him.

I also go out plein aire painting with a group on Thursdays. I have a studio in my home so I can spread out and make a mess and then close the door.

I was also thinking that this picture would make a good painting.

This is how I cope with having FM. It's amazing how I can be involved with creating and then when I'm done for the day, I realize how I've been hurting but haven't paid attention.

11. sleepyinlalaland

I've figured out the photo stuff. (browse button under edit profile!)

Now, I gotta find photo again.
  12. sunflowergirl

was it taken down at the coast? It looks like water out there.
  13. sleepyinlalaland

The Pacific. The land mass floating out beyond it is one of the Channel Islands (Santa Cruz). I'm in Ventura.

We sure do get some purtee sunsets, and having a digital camera makes it so easy to save them....I "thumb" through my collection often.

Thanks for posting yours; I never get tired of 'em.