Take a step, REST, take another step, gotta SIT

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by TeaBisqit, Jan 10, 2010.

1. TeaBisqit

TeaBisqit Member

I swear, I feel like I'm a hundred and ten years old. I'm only forty now.

I need to clean up in here. And I haven't even started yet today because it's like, take a step, gotta rest, do a small thing, gotta sit awhile. Now I'm laying here waiting to get alittle energy so I can change the cat's box. It's horrible. I literally don't have the energy to get off this bed. My arms and legs hurt, too. The little old ladies in my apartment building have more energy than me.

Any little thing I do, it's like gotta rest, gotta sit, gotta lay down awhile. And I want to do so many things and I can't. And I hate it when people don't understand that I really can't. The energy is not there. It is not in the cells. No energy and lots of pain, it's not a fun combo. And it's not fun to be staring at things you know you need to be doing and you can't do them. And I can't keep putting it all off for tomorrow because tomorrow turns into three months. And right now, I don't have three months to be putting this off.

I just hate feeling like I'm a hundred and ten years old all the time.
  2. kat0465

kat0465 New Member

tea!! i do the same thing! and i guess it's the weather too. i sleep sleep sleep!
    and the house is a wreck! i pick up a few things then sit down for a while till i kinda feel like im not going to die.
    the sad part is i have a Husband and a 23yr old daughter, and we still live in a pigs stye!!:( it's Hard to take being sick, but even harder when you have people that live with you every day, who just refuse to understand or just be a little giving.

And your right, i Have Aunts that can run circles around me!and they even look younger too!!( Grrr) im only 44.

i wish we could all just run from this mess, and Live the lives we were meant to, i try & look at it as a setback to the life i will live someday, and try to use this time to get closer to God, And work on myself.( on the Inside)
    sorry to ramble, just wanted to let ya know your not alone on this Lonly Sunday.
    {{Hugs}} Kate
  3. butterflydream

butterflydream New Member

that i must have an old persons inside body. I sure don't enjoy hearing that but it is true.
    I feel like i'm a hundred and ten years old also Tea.

To think about when i use to be able to work a full time job along with a part time job, i am sinking. Or should i say i have sunk.
  4. TeaBisqit

TeaBisqit Member

I managed to vacuum and do the cat's box, but now I feel like I'm dying. I'm just so sick and so weak. It really sux. Anything else that needs doing in here will just have to wait. I hate feeling like this.
  5. DeborahLynn

DeborahLynn Member

I couldn't even walk down the hall in my little house without stopping to rest. I feel better today, but the past couple of days were hard. I stayed in bed mostly.

Sometimes when I pass by a mirror or a window and happen to catch a glimpse of myself, I'm almost taken aback, because the person looking back at me in the reflection looks much younger than I feel. I expect to see a bent-over little old lady because I feel so old sometimes!

I pray you feel better soon!

6. ilovepink4

ilovepink4 Member

I clicked on your post because you and I are probably about the same disablility wise....

I know what you are saying about the filth...i am a neat freak trapped in a fibro ridden body...

We have two boys 10 and 12 yrs....they are both pigs...especially the 10 yr old...they just don't get it...they don't see dirt or clutter nor do they care after I point it out....

we also have 2 dogs and 2 cats...mother of G! what were we thinking?? but how we love our fur babies!

I try to not look at the dirt while brushing my teeth, or sitting in the tub or on the toilet....i used to have a cleaning lady but she quit after I asked her to dump the bucket of dirty water more often...you would not believe how dirty the water was and how much pet hair and grass was in there! she would smear that around and then we had hair all over the counters and walls....sooooo gross! and she got mad about it and quit...boy we were all so glad cuz she was getting really bad!

anyways, we still haven't replaced her due to the fear of getting another awful lady and having to fire them and the money$$$$

i just try to do stuff that makes thehouse look clean like vacc'ing the rugs and it makes the living room look brighter and cleaner even though the laminate floor has dog hair and sand everywhere....

and get rid of clutter and decorations everywhere...it is easier to clean if you don't have lots of crap and it just looks cleaner if the room is more bare...

otherwise, just learn to look away, girl...and always wear shoes in the house so you don't notice the dirty floors!!!! hahaha! and i do wear flip flops everytime i get out of my bed....
  7. TeaBisqit

TeaBisqit Member

I have cat hair everywhere. I kind of consider it part of the furniture at this point LOL.

I used to be a neat freak before getting sick. I was super organized, knew where everything was. And now, it's like I can't find anything ever.
  8. Si Titran

Si Titran New Member

i know the feeling all too well. Only instead of being active for half my adult life, I've had the DD in earnest for the last 8 of my 26 years. Its so hard to remember to do things with my fog, and then when i do remember its so hard to get the energy to make the phone calls. My bedroom is messy and is in desperate need of cleaning. But when i have the ability to clean, it usually goes to taking care of my bird, or the rest of the house I still share with my family. At least that way I don't get the "ungrateful" or "lazy" lecture.

Just take it one step at a time, what you can when you can. Don't let other people make you feel bad because of it.