take cymbalta when?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by glenda2, Aug 24, 2005.

1. glenda2

glenda2 New Member

I was just wondering when anyone else took cymbalta. I take it in the morning. I am soooooo tired all day (but i am always tired so whats new?) Should i take it at night instead? I have all kinds of meds. i don't take some of them all the time (only when desperate)but i have to take cymbalta. Thanks for any help.
  2. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

TAKE IN THE MORNING, I WOULD WAKE UP AT 7AM THEN FALL ASLEEP UNTIL 1 OR TWO IN THE FTERNOON, THAT WAS STARTING OUT ON 20 MGS,THEN IT WASN'T ENOUGH FOR THE DEPRESSION THEN IT WS UP TO 30, THEN 60 MG. HAD SIDE EFFECTS COULDN'T SLEEP AT NIGHT LEGS MOVING A MILE A MINUTE. SO NOW I'M ABACK DOWN TO 20MGS. I DON'T KNWO WHAT I GONNA DO NOT HELPING.

ALSO I WAS TOLD WELL TAKE IT AT NIGHT AND THEN IW WAS UP IT JUST DOESN'T SEEM TO BE WORKIGN FOR ME.

GOODLUCK

JODIE
  3. Sue50

Sue50 New Member

by my DR to take it at night, it does make me very sleepy.
    Sue
  4. rhonda357

rhonda357 New Member

I take cymbalta 2 x a day, in morning and in evening. I have not had any problems from it and my mood does seem to be better, but I don't know that it has helped with pain.Hope this helps
    Rhonda
  5. learning2live

learning2live New Member

My hubby started taking Cymbalta again last week. He tried taking it in the evening since it seems to make most people tired. Not him! It made him jittery, so he's taking it in the morning. So far, it seems to be working. He's still having some of the side effects though, but I told him to give it a few weeks and see.
  6. kac1960

kac1960 New Member

to take cymbalta in the am it also made me drowsy even more than usual, I also had stomache pains , so I dont take it anymore. I think alot of meds I take make my drowsy, too bad it is a side affect of many rx's.
    Kathy
  7. texasmaia

texasmaia New Member

I have to take it in the evening and YES it helps me sleep! I love it!

You have to experiment and make it work for you!

Blessings,
    Maia
  8. tngirl

tngirl New Member

I just started on 20 mg. My doctor said to take it at night, as it would help me sleep.

It sure didn't make me sleep last night! I had trouble going to sleep and then woke up about 4 times and woke up wide awake at 5 a.m. And that was after taking Lunesta too!