taking 20mg celexa at night....

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by hdbubblehead, Oct 28, 2005.

1. hdbubblehead

hdbubblehead New Member

I don't know what it's supposed to do, cause I don't feel a thing or notice difference.
    I am a restless sleeper. I really don't sleep.
    I take naps, get depressed and stay in bed, cause if I am up doing anything, for more then 15 min. I pay greatly in fatigue, and I am avoiding becomeing a quad. because of the Cervical Spondylosis (spinal cord narrowing in my neck)

Anyways, I am on the campain trail about the opioid treatment for Chronic pain. I became so frustrated today about the way it's being looked at by the media, comparing to addicts.
    I suggest anyone who would like to be inlightened concerning opioid treatment, for pain... check out website
    www.spineuniverse.com
    talks about everything we all share here, Fibro, CFS and research. it's a great newsletter and sure has helped me understand medical info that you can get free, rather then buying a book and cross referenceing.

I have been awake since Thursday morning, and my meds only helped me with my pain so much that I over did.
    I should be in bed, usually on my back with my feet up.
    but sometimes I get so angry with myself, cause i have NO life! alot of people would love to do this, but I just hate the limits of these medical problems.
    I can take sleeping pills, then the week goes by and I slept through it. I don't like to get up in the morning cause it makes the day sooooooooo long.
    I don't want to take anti depressants, cause I have to adjust, then once I do, I feel better, then I battle with not being able to physically do much but lie around.
    I don't know what to do with myself anymore. Then i get in here, and "yack yack, and can't stop writing my suggestions for everyone. Seems I can't do much else.
    I feel pityful today.
    okay, back to my prayers.....
    don't forget, set your clocks back...
    (spring forward, Fall back) bye for now.
    hey, i just got an e mail...... see ya later..... :)
    (thats a candle, not a cake) lights out.
  2. kgangel

kgangel New Member

I have responded to another one of your posts and I just read this one. I have not been able to get back to sleep tonight, I slept about 4 hours and laid in bed 1 more, just had to get up.

I have cervical and lumbar stenosis too. I am very sad after reading what you wrote. I wondered if I could become crippled from this too. I am very worried. I have had a hard time walking for awhile now.. I had an epidural injection for my lumbar area to see if that will help. Should I see about getting one for my neck as well since I have constant shoulder, neck and down the arm pain?? I know I have had stenosis of the neck since about 2000, I had neck surgery to help it, but I don't feel I did the right thing now with all the pain I am having again.

Thanks for your help and your info
    kgangel

PS: if you find anything that helps you sleep let me know nothing really worked for me, but I got very sick when trying a sleeping pill called ambien. It may work well for others though.[This Message was Edited on 10/29/2005]
  3. hdbubblehead

hdbubblehead New Member

as for sleeping meds- I am one month on Ambien.
    I get nausea, but i think it helped, but not for $100.00 a bottle of 30. thats almost funny.
    I will put 100.00 under my pillow and sleep better. ha ha

** I hate to tell ya, it depends on your MRI, but being realistic, yeah, I am thinkin you could become paralyzed from your spondylosis. Remember, it's a narrowing of the spinal cord.
    check out: www.spinaluniverse.com
    and www.neck.com and www.back.com
    even WWW.MEDLINE.COM

there is so much interesting info, sign up for their newletter, and you will find so many things that you can relate to. i have learned so much about this dx.
    the bones, discs, are compressing the cord. the cord is controling the functions of the body. from fingers to the heart, to the brain. its really some scarry stuff.
    of course, with GOD, all things are possible!
    I was diagnosed 3yrs now, being told not to tilt my head back, or get in a car wreck. i lagughed into the phone, and she said, "i am not kidding"! I have had a two major car crashes in the past 12 yearsl
    i replied with a loud laugh and my neuologist was not kidding. she said, she doesn't want me to become paralyzed or worse,.........now, what did that mean?
    we hung up the phone that night, same day as MRI, and warned me I needed immediate surgery. she said, go to the ER, if I can't deal with pain etc. she didn't hear me, NO OPERATION
    NO, NO NO, NOT ME! i HAVE HEARD, ALOT OF PAIN AND THERAPY ETC. AND EXCEPT FOR THE LACK OF SLEEP, i CAN'T DO MUCH OF ANTHING. IT'S NOT FAIR, BUT i MUST
    IT'S FUNNY, SOMETIMES, I CAN PUSH A VACUUM, BUT i CAN BARELY TIE MY SHOES, OR PUT ON JEWELRY, BUT IF I NEED TO
    MOVE i COULD GO ON AND ON HOPEING TO HELP YOU, BUT WE WOULD NEED TO CHAT MORE ON THE PROBLEMS. i LOVE TO WRITE, BuT i could write all day, if i could SIT HERE ALL ALL day.. GOTTA GO NOW.
    ASK YOUR DOC ABOUT TEMEZIPAN,RESOTORIL, CHECK SPELLING. I DON'T KNOW WHAT KIND OF MEDS YOU TAKE. LET ME KNOW.......
    MAYBE I CAN SUGGEST SOMETHING FOR YOUR DOCTOR TO TRY.
    TRY TO KEEP IN TOUCH. XX HD,
  4. hdbubblehead

hdbubblehead New Member

hi, hope your day is painfree.

I have been asleep most of the week. That's my life.
    I stay up too much and I sleep too much.
    Part is depression, part is medication catching up with me
    and part is that there is not a whole lot I should or could be doing, considering possible more damage to my spine. So, on that note, it sounds like you are able to tolerate your pain alot beter then I do.
    Motrin is good if it helps, but it doesn't do a thing for me after one or two days.
    I have not tried the other med you listed.
    As far as Ambien, I have just gotten my second refil to see if it helps.
    I am in a pain management with the same Dr. for the past few years. He is really good. He knows his meds, and knows his patients. He knows who is fooling him, and who really suffers. I must be accountable for all my medication he prescribes and then he also keeps in touch with my other Dr.s, as for my Neurologist, primary care dr. and shrink.
    The Ambien is still my trial med. for now. I am not sure it's worth the money for the sleep. it's about 3.00 per pill and I still wake up every 3-4 hours. I can't remember the last full night sleep and day awake. I am a "napper".
    I sleep on and off all day and night.
    As far as asking me about injections for pain, the only kind I will allow, is demerol. I have had too many "close calls" from "steriod" or other types. I was evaluated for epiduril for low back, but I was too chicken. I am so afraid because of a bad reaction once to numb my knee cap.
    it was more painful afterwards.
    Anyway, I don't know what to share with ya on the medicine but I would not have anything stuck in my neck.
    And as far as you getting sick, what about trying an anti-nausea medicine (otc-over the counter) or pepto. Thats what i use when a med makes me sick.
    FOR YOUR NECK/ SPONDYLOSIS- yes, it has a great risk of paralisis, but the surgery seems worse to me.
    At least right now, for 3 yrs since being told that, and refusing the operation, i have avoided both!
    I believe in listening to GOD with your own whole hearted prayers.
    I pray you will be walking and moving all the days of your life, and no more surgeries, IN the Name of JESUS.
    Keep you Faith high, nothing is impossible with GOD.
    xx your friend... hd.