taking ambien and celexa, only sleeping 5 hours, any advice

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ckball, Apr 19, 2003.

1. ckball

ckball New Member

I take 10 mg of ambien and 20 mg of celexa, plus robaxion and topral(blood pressure) and still wake up 5 hours later. My Dr offered to up my celexa to 40 because of my depression but I passed for now, i wouldn't be so depressed if I could sleep. She will not up my Ambien and said to try for another month. Well my month is up and I go back next week. What has worked for some of you? Is anyone taking more than 20 mg of celexa? Thanks and hope everyone has a great and happy Easter
  2. kmelodyg

kmelodyg New Member

I also take Ambien. It does help me get to sleep after about an hour, but it does not keep me asleep. I take 25 mg. Amitriptaline (SP) which helps me alsmost too well. I can sleep for up to 8 hours now with barely any disruptions. It's different for everyone, but you may want to ask your doctor about that. It is also supposed to help with depression caused by sleeplessness. I hope that helps!!

Hugs,
    Kathryn
  3. Achy-shaky

Achy-shaky New Member

I take 40mg of Celexa but was told to take in the morning so it won't keep me from sleeping. YOu didn't say if you were taking it in am or pm but I never heard of taking it at night...maybe that's the problem. Not sure about other drugs as I don't take them. What works to make me sleepy is Klonopin (anti-anxiety) and Mirapex (for restless leg syndrome).

Hope that helps & you have a happy holiday too.
    Blessings,
    Shaky
  4. ckball

ckball New Member

I take my Celexa at night, I took pamelor for 9 years at night, so when I started the celexa I did the same thing. Do you have any side effects for the 40 at day?
  5. ckball

ckball New Member

I had been on nortryptline sp? for 9 years. My Dr took me off because it can cause heart problems and I was having chest pain, HBP and tacycardia. I had some left over and tried it last night and it worked like a dream. I feel sooooo much better today, or was t the 3 days I spent in bed this weekend lol. I have been cleared of the heart problems, except for HPB.
  6. JP

JP New Member

Hello ckball,

What is waking you up? Is it pain? If so, what type of pain? I had to investigate my sleeplessness before I could get the help I needed. I am going through sleepless nights right now because I am making a major med change.

Elavil helps me stay asleep due to the type of pain that was waking me up. I see you have taken this in the past. Did it help?

I hope you get help soon. Sleep problems are terrible. I feel like a mess today. I have had less than 5 hours of sleep since Friday. This will pass as soon as my body adjusts to stoping one medicine and replacing it with two other types of medication.

Take care,
    Jan

7. Antenbunny

Antenbunny New Member

I'm not sure if your taking ambian and celexa at bed time, don't take celexa at night, it can be a stimulant. I go through times when I can't sleep even after I take ambian and or I wake up at 3 am. I get up and smoke just a little MJ. It helps a lot. I go right back to sleep and don't wake up with a hang over.
  8. ckball

ckball New Member

my celexa at night, i was never told otherwise. I am not sure why I wake up, it usually the same time 3:30 if I go to bead at 11:00 I was afaid the celxa would make me drowsy during the day. Maybe i will change that and see how it works. I appreciate all your suggestions.