taking asp for hypercoag. How long to notice imprvmt?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Jen F, Sep 10, 2003.

1. Jen F

Jen F New Member

Hi guys.

For those of you who have Raynaud's [sp?] and who took or are taking aspirin to help, how long was it before you noticed an improvement and warmth returning to your feet and lower legs?

I tried one Bayer aspirin when my legs were very bad and noticed no improvement whatsoever, with just one aspirin. Does it take a while of treatment before it helps?

I did however get benefit for a day or two with one treatment so far of moxibustion at the acupuncturist. That is the application of heat during acupuncture.

Thanks for your responses!

Jen F
  2. EZBRUZR

EZBRUZR New Member

What size Aspirin did you take?
    What other Medications & Supplements? Sometimes we accidentally Block the effect of Medications. I really do not know about Aspirin,but I do a high amount of investigating as many things out ther,ya know?

peace,
    eZ
  3. Jen F

Jen F New Member

I took a regular Bayer aspirin.

Other meds: was taking 30 mg restoril for sleep [today started weaning protocol of transferring to valium which will then be tapered a little at a time, every 2 weeks or so: so as of tonight, taking 15 mg restoril, 7.5 mg valium]

-St. John's wort
    -B50 complex
    -multivitamin complex from Naturopath, includes milk thistle and turmeric
    -coQ10
    -extra vitamin C [in addn to multi, I mean]
    -extra vitamin E
    -evening primrose oil [sometimes, usually 2 - 4 per day]
    -flax oil [sometimes]
    -fish oil [sometimes]
    -quercetin
    -occasionally subl B12
    -occasionally zinc
    -occasionally Magnesium
    -occasionally Calcium
    -occasionally beta carotene

Thanks for any input,

Jen F
  4. herblady

herblady New Member

i'd like to add one more to that list. did anyone know that consuming one clove of garlic a day works just as well as the aspirin and doesn't harm your stomach? plus you get other health benefits from it. just throwing in my 2 cents. cindi
  5. PatPalmer

PatPalmer New Member

Great list Jen.

Herblady`s right ~ Raw Garlic - not asprin.
  6. EZBRUZR

EZBRUZR New Member

Personal experience.
    What Pat is Saying IS Working!!! :~}

Go slow with it,Detox for liver and Gallbladder is what allowed MY body to Start to Reap the Benefits of Getting A Better Quality Life.
    At this point,just 3 1/2 weeks into this, my feet are Much Warmer,Pod even said we'd Watch to see how much I get better Before Insiting on SX as Treatment!! Yippee,since I have no $ for SX at time!!!
    I was just reseen,my viral issues are most apparent in feet,I feel SX now would Not allow healing,This DR said felt it was worth looking into,after Exam he said I have More Large PW in other foot that Would Require sx.However,he advised Continuing Whatever is working so well,and come back. In a Pro Opinion I am 10% more stable Overall health than my First visit!!

Peace Girl,
    eZ
  7. Jen F

Jen F New Member

thanks for input herblady and patpalmer re garlic and thanks for kudos on my supp list :)

Jen
  8. herblady

herblady New Member

yes, raw garlic. just one clove a day is easy to get down you. you can srinkle a bit of minced garlic on a salad, on your meat after it's cooked, lots of ways. fresh garlic is pretty hot, so you want to just use a bit at a time. i wouldn't try to take a spoonful of it! lol. one way i get mine is to make garlic vinegar. chop up several cloves and put them in a small jar. add about twice the amount of that with your favorite vinegar. i like white balsamic or apple cider. you can add a spoonful of this vinegar to your salad dressing when you have a salad or mix it with olive oil for a great vinegarette. cindi
  9. herblady

herblady New Member

vitamin e and gingko biloba are also very efficient blood thinners. cindi

[ advertisement ]