*** Taking Lipitor anyone?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by gmom605, Feb 16, 2006.

1. gmom605

gmom605 New Member

Hello everyone! i was gone for awhile i`ve been sick

doing alittle better i think ,,need some help i`ve got

a problem with Lipitor i`ve been taking it since Dec of

last yr and my Dr. has been testing my blood and he found

that my liver is not doing to good last month was 44 and

now it`s 52 and i ask him what it should be and he said

it should be below 40 but he wants for me to keep taking it

for another month and see what it`s going to do keep going

up ,,and he said he would change my meds. but i`m scared

what if it keeps going up instead of down and it will be

to late for me ,,he had start me on {1} 20mg a day and he cut down {1}10 mg a day.What would you do ? keep taking

or stop!!! need some advice!!! ,,gmom,,,

2. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

Gmom,
    I am on 80 mg. of Lipitor and have the liver panel done about every 3 to 6 months by my endocrinologist. So far so good. For a year now I've been getting a copy of my lab tests and I make a copy for my family doc.

I guess I'd wait the month and see what the lab work is and then either go on something else and try that or quit it.

I am on 1800 mg. of cinnamon capsules every day after dinner and that lowered my cholesterol 30 points, so you may want to try cinnamon if you can't take the Lipitor.

If your liver count is still too high, I would discuss going off of it for a bit and then trying another med if you need it. Also get a copy of your lab reports like I do as I feel we need them for our records.

Hugs,
    Faye
  3. JLH

JLH New Member

I've taken Lipitor for years without any liver trouble, but if your doc takes you off of it, try Super Omega Complex (at walmart) or Flaxseed Oil capsules. They both do really well with lowering your chlorestrol.

Until then, I would follow your doc's orders.

Janet
  4. gmom605

gmom605 New Member

Thank you,my friends,, how high is your chol? mine! last month was 285,,now it`s 201 for this mon.,,gmom,,
  5. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

Gmom,
    My last cholesterol was 270. Prior to that it was 313. Doc put me on Zetia along with Lipitor, but I got muscle pains within about 3 weeks in my calves and other places, so had to stop the Zetia.

I guess I'm just doomed... I have a really hard time with dietary supplements because of having gastroparesis. Recently I had to start taking the CoQ10 subingual as a pill and swallow it as it was irritating my esophagus and causing me bad chest pains. Next time I order it, will just get the capsules.

Hugs,
    Faye