Taking Lumbrokinase with heparin?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Defibro, Oct 7, 2005.

1. Defibro

Defibro New Member

I had my third visit with the FFC Dr., He asked me; if I was taking lumbrokinase with my heparin .

I was not (he never told me so). He said it cleans up what the heparin brakes up (as fibrin). Then I read about lumbrokinase, and it is an anti-coagulant. Why both I thought either one.

Anyone taking both: heparin (I am taking 5000 twice a day)and lumbrokinase? and what dosage each, thanks?

Hugs, Defibro
  2. onedaymagpie

onedaymagpie New Member

I go to FFC LA. When the doctor started me on heparin, he also stared me on Lumbrokinase. I am taking the same dose of heparin as you, 5000 twice a day as well as Lumbrokinase 1 pill twice a day. He said once I stop the heparin, I will continue taking the Lumbrokinase once a day. I don't know the why as to both . . .
    Happy Friday, Maggy
  3. Defibro

Defibro New Member

The Dr. was surprised that I was not taking it. He looked inhis chart, he saw that he missed it, when he Rx'd the heparin.

He claims that the heparin will brake the fibrins, and the lumbrokinase will clean it up..

Defibro
  4. ldbgcoleman

ldbgcoleman New Member

I also am doing it. The way I understand it is the Heperin gets the fibrins off of the walls of your veins and the Lumbro breaks them down. I have been doing the Heperin since mid May and was retested for Hypercoagulation about 5 weeks ago. It has gottten better but I am not there yet. She said It would probably be Dec before I could think about going off the Heperin. Good Luck! Lynn
  5. Defibro

Defibro New Member

Thanks so much, just put an order for 2 bottles from BAYHO, their price looks reasonable compare to the other sites..
  6. MKlady

MKlady New Member

I'm taking lumbrokinase 6 capsules daily without the heparin at this point per my FFC doc. It's not supposed to thin the blood beyond normal. We'll add heparin later if necessary.