Taking Lyrica

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mizl, Aug 17, 2006.

1. mizl

mizl New Member

My pharmacist told me that Lyrica is essentially the same drug as Neurotin (Gabapentin). The way she put it is if Neurotin goes throught three stages to be used by the body then Lyrica just cuts out the first stage but it does essentially the same thing and Neurotin is the less expensive of the two. I'm sticking with Neurotin because my drug bill is quite high enough.
  2. Fudge43

Fudge43 New Member

mizl ... I started Lyrica a few weeks back .. and it is EXPENSIVE .. almost $400 for 4 weeks .. and we have to pay out of pocket first .. then get 80 % back by our insurance .. that isn't fair .. but that is all we have .. I just feel sleepy on this stuff .. it doesn't help with the pain .. so I am going to step down from it and stop using it .. my GP and I both agreed .. if it isn't helping with the pain it isn't worth taking ..
    You are right to do what yo are doing !
    Joy
  3. GLASTETTER

GLASTETTER New Member

THE WAY MY RHEMO DISCRIBED LYCRIA TO WAS
    ALL OF MY NERVES ENDING WERE ON FIRE WHICH WAS CAUSING MY MUSCLES IN MY BACK AND NECK TO TIGHTEN UP CAUSEING ME A GREAT DEAL OF PAIN I ALSO HAVE TINGLING IN MY FEET AND HANDS. I STARTED TAKING IT THREE MONTHS AGO
    AND IT HAS HELPED MY FEET AND HANDS START TINGLING WHEN IT IS TIME TO TAKE IT AGAIN. BUT I STILL HAVE A LOT OF PAIN IN MY NECK BUT I ALSO HAVE BULGING DISCS, BURCITUS (SORRY FOR THE SPELLING)IN MY HIPS AND DDD WHICH DON'T HELP. I COULD NOT EVEN TURN MY HEAD BEFORE I STARTED TAKING IT
    I DO BELIEVE I GOT MY MOBILITY BACK FROM THE LYCRIA

HUGS
    BARBARA