Taking meds but not working Need Advice

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Ouch4017, Feb 12, 2007.

1. Ouch4017

Ouch4017 New Member

I am currently taking meds, but I recently got really sick and all of my symptoms came back worse. If anyone has any suggestions, I would greatly appreciate it. I'm going to see ANOTHER doctor next Monday.
    My current meds are:
    Effexor 225 Mg
    Neurontin 750 mg 3 X per day
    Trazodone 25 mg at night to help with sleep (which doesnt always work)
    Skelaxin 800 mg as needed
    Tramadol 100 mg as needed for pain
    A multi vitamin
    Vitamin B Complex
    Maxalt for migraines

I need help. I've had a headache for the past 7 days. I'm only able to handle a half day of work right now that that takes everything I have to get out the door. Thanks much for any input you can give.
  2. froggyfog

froggyfog New Member

an injection(shot) from my doctors nurse for my migraine that I had for 3 days and could not get rid of...sorry but I don't know what it was (pretty bad for a nurse huh?)and I was hurting so bad I didn't care. It started working in about 10 minutes and knocked me out, so I had to have someone drive me home. But it worked...not only did my headache go ahead but I slept like a baby.

You might try switching Effexor for Cymbalta...I did that when effexor seemed like it wasn't working as well as it had. I use Zanflex at night with one darvocet and that helps me to sleep usually until about 3:00am and then I'm either suffer or take so more meds depending on if I have to work that day.

Hope that helps!
  3. Shalala

Shalala New Member

I was on Effexor, skelaxin & fioricet ... then went to cymbalta, skelaxin & fioricet ... now I am being switched to Welbutrin, skelaxin & fioricet ... I cannot function from this horrid headache that I have had for weeks. The ringing in my head and pain all over doesn't help my misery. I can't lay down very long, can't stand, can barely walk, can't sit very long ... and now the recliner is beginning to bother me. This is a horrible way to live. I have missed so much work the past month and I finally called my boss and asked him to start a short term disability application. This means I have to get my DR to approve that and so far she has not helped me!!!! I feel for you ... wait until that migraine lasts for weeks like mine :-( Good luck.