taking nystatin helped acid reflux

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by mimmic, Jul 23, 2013.

1. mimmic

mimmic Member

I was given nystatin for oral thrush seen in back of throat. my symptom had been constant burning of throat for 4 months. had been taking ppis for 1 yr before this which helped almost all symptoms stopped taking ppis while on nystatin and acid reflux was completely non-existent. no slight cough after eating even. then when I stopped nystatin it started coming back. anyone had this happen or know why it would. thanks mimmic
  2. IanH

IanH Active Member

This is a known effect of Candida albicans and some other Candida spp. So when you took Oral Nystatin you did reduce some of the cause of your gastric reflux and hyperacidity. Unfortunately you cannot take Nystatin for too long. Perhaps you could try some other herbal and vitamin therapies for candida.
    Such as Pau D'arco, Origanum oil and of course vitamin D3 5000IU plus which increases the release of cathelicidin into your saliva. There is also some evidence that a good wide-spectrum pro-biotic (such a 10 organism prep) will help keep candida down too.
  3. mimmic

mimmic Member

4. mimmic

mimmic Member

thanks Ian. so I could have had some candida prob. when my reflux started so badly. mentioned vit d again as on other post. I tried for months to take it and it made me so much more tired I couldn't function at all and I barely had got up to 2000iu. had to quit. will check out other things you mentioned. thank you mimmic
  5. mbofov

mbofov Member

Virgin coconut oil is very good at killing candida, with no bad side effects (apart from herxing from pathogen die-off). It has lauric acid and caprylic acid and some other things. It's suggested you take 1 to 2 tablespoons a day (it melts in your mouth as it melts at 76 degrees), but I would start with 1 tablespoon to see how you react, how strong of a herx reaction you may have. You can also cook with it, add it to smoothies, etc. It's a light oil with a mild coconut taste.

Mary
  6. mimmic

mimmic Member

7. mimmic

mimmic Member

thanks mary . I will give that a try . seems simple enough w/o hopefully any side effects. very sensitive here to many things as are most everyone on this site. mimmic
  8. IanH

IanH Active Member

Mimmic, have you had an H.Pylori antibody test?
  9. marieggg

marieggg Member

I notice this issue and its remedy is close to the Candida problem​