Taking Pill Vitamins, Minerals Hurts.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by joeb7th, Feb 28, 2007.

1. joeb7th

joeb7th New Member

I don't know why, but when I take capsules of almost anything, not long after I take these I feel pain in my intestinal tract and my fibro and anxiey and every other symptom just goes off.

I suffer incredibly for one day at least.

I was diagnosed in the last year with so many intestinal problems besides all the other nightmare fibro and nerve and tendon problems.

I was diagnosed with gastritis, GERD, mild to moderate diverticulitis. They found 25 areas of inflamation in my middle intestines as well as some damage to the illium. ( I believe that the super powerful antibiotic Levaquin destroyed my intestinal tract. ) I was in so much G I pain when I first got sick I was going into shock. I lost 35 lbs. from not eating.

Another GI doc said months later he thought I had motility issues as well which could mean sphinctor problems and I suspect I have leaky gut also.

So it makes sense that anything not soft and mushy would cause me problems.

But a big concern is the potential for malabsorption and nitritional depletion. I definitely feel I am extremely nutritionally deprived. I was recently diagnosed with extremely low B-12 count ( 100 range ) and I started taking B-12 shots but not noticing anything better in last month of this. My testosterone level is super low also.

But all these nutrients that so many on here recommend for improving your health, I think my body is not absorbing these and the form I am taking puts my body almost in a all symptom shock.

Is there some liquid form of these vitamins or powder that makes into a drink that someone can suggest that might not do this to me? That my body can be guaranteed to absorb?

I believe I need nutrients bad...all of them.

Are there some all-purpose powdered nutrient mixes that are proven safe and well tested and made by reputable companies?

Thanks, JB

2. pw7575

pw7575 New Member

Sorry to hear that you are having such difficulties. I am sure your body does need to get some nutrients and it would probably help you feel better.

I haven't really looked into this but I have seen online powder forms of vitamins, minerals etc.

I know others here have said good things about Dr. Jacob Teitelbaum's Daily Energy Enfusion. It is a powder that includes all sorts of vitamins and minerals etc.

I know that I have seen others online too so I think you could find some stuff fairly easily. If all else fails could you try getting capsules of vitamins and just opening them up and dumping them into a drink? OR crush up the pills to make a powder?

Also you could try a good quality electrolyte drink as well. I know Karen here uses electrolyte stamina and I think it was dr. cheney or one of those doctors who recommended gookinaid.

I hope you can tolerate something. I think it would help your body to get the stuff in needs.

Good Luck and Take Care,
    Pam
  3. dani78xo

dani78xo New Member

I don't have anything seriously wrong internally, save for severe severe GERD, but I've always had a HUGE issue with swallowing pills. They always get stuck in my throat, and I can't get them down.

The vitamins are the absolute worst.

I know I need to be taking vitamins, but some of them are just too big.

I know multivitamins come in chewable tablets; there's a kind that I get that are chewable multi-vitamins that taste like grape :].

There's also viactiv, if you need to take calcium (they're chewy "candy-like" squares that come in different flavors.)

I've heard there are liquid vitamins, but I don't know what vitamins come in that form, save for echinicea.
  4. gumama

gumama New Member

there are products on the market .( do a google search for vitamin shopps.).. they have powder vitamins that you can make into a shake.... I do this everyday for myself and my husband who has Lupus and Fibro and heart problems....

you can add things like Bananas or other fruit and yogurt they are very good, your body will throw off what it doesn't need... this has been a God Send to my husband..

gumama