Taking son to pediatric gastroenterologist tomorrow ... any tips?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by TNhayley, May 26, 2003.

1. TNhayley

TNhayley New Member

Hi all, I'm taking my son tomorrow for his soiling problem and wondered if anyone has any suggestions as to what questions to ask, if I should ask for (demand?) any specific tests, etc. I'd appreciate any comments. :)

I don't think I'll mention my suspicion of FMS, and am thinking it might be better if I just don't mention FMS in any context at all (meaning mine). I do plan on mentioning his autoimmune problems. Thanks!!!

Hayley
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Can't help with your question, and your post was going to the bottom of the board. So I am responding so others can help you.

The board is slow on the holidays, so be patient, also bump your own post if you don't get a response.

Good luck with your son.

Shalom, Shirl
  3. Annette2

Annette2 New Member

I wish you luck with your son's appointment. I don't remember how old your son is. But I do have a suggestion. Make sure you are comfortable with his doctor. And ask a lot of questions. My son was diagnosed with ulcerative colitis when he was about 20 years old. Every time I questioned his doctor he acted very condescending to me and made me feel like a "paranoid mother". To make a long story short, he didn't take proper care of my son and we ended up having to find a better physician. So just be careful, ask a lot of questions and if you're unsure about something, let him/her know. Hopefully whatever is going on will be simple to treat. GOOD LUCK!!!!

Annette2
  4. goingslowlycrazy

goingslowlycrazy New Member

on a previous thread about this, someone said that their son had had a lower back X-Ray that showed up a mild, occult (ie, internal) spina bifida. It was just enough to interfere with the sensations to her son's bowel.

Just wondered if this might be an idea.

Please let us know how you get on, as my son has this problem too and I could do with some pointers.
    many thanks
    Hugs
    Mary x