Taking wrong Meds.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by MJJBunny, Aug 8, 2003.

1. MJJBunny

MJJBunny New Member

It doesn't happen often, but I find that at times I take my day meds at night (what a mess that is) and now I think I took my night meds in the morning.

I keep them in different pill containers with Day or Night marked on them, so I must just not think when I take them.

Has anyone else had this problem?
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Are in one of those clear blue daily dispensers. My daytime meds are in clear dispensers. It's harder to mix them up if you use colored dispensers.

Love, Mikie
  3. MJJBunny

MJJBunny New Member

I do have pink containers for morning and white for night and still get mixed up.

I tried keeping the day pills on the table, but I don't eat breakfast so when I've done that I just forgot to take them altogether.

I know this sounds stupid, but I think I just don't think when I take the pills. A lot of times I just take the handful of pills and down them. Sometimes I realize immediately that I've taken the wrong ones, and when I lay awake for hours at night not able to sleep, I know what I've done.

I swear that I'll be more careful and think about what I'm taking and it works for awhile and then I fall right back into just doing it.

I know processing of information is a major problem, but this is such a basic daily routine that I don't understand how I let this happen.
  4. tjlibby

tjlibby New Member

Hello
    I keep all my pills in my pillbox. Sunday I fill it up
    again.. So i can remember.. Good Luck. Teri
  5. JP

JP New Member

I only have one container for morning medicine. I put the container in my office where I start my day. I have my day and night time medicine seperated completely. At night, I need to open the Rx container and get my dose. My sleep is so important that I have never forgot to take my nightime medicine. I need to have two very differnt systems so I don't mix them. I also write down my use adn times everyday. I take medication throughout the day and have a third system for my mid-day medicine. So far, so good. I only blew it one time and I paid dearly.

Good luck to you and take care of yourself...Jan
  6. elaine_p

elaine_p New Member

A week or so ago I decided to switch my pills (supplements) and take most of them in the morning and the rest after dinner.

Since I kept forgetting and wound up double-dosing a couple days I finally cut post-its down to fit on the lids and labeled them "Bkfst", "lunch", "Bkfst/Bedtime", etc.

I leave all the bottles out on the kitchen counter sort of tucked away, but there are too many bottles now to really be hidden. And besides, then I'd probably forget them.

I also have to leave the non-meal related ones out on the table to remind me to take them, then move them off the table so I don't double dose.... Don't know if this will help you at all or not.
    [This Message was Edited on 08/08/2003]
  7. sofy

sofy New Member

I finally went and bought a large divided container in the hardware store. It has seven spaced across and 4 down. I mark each space with the time of day and what meds are to be put in there. (sometimes when I fill it Im dazed)

If they are all together its harder to take pm and am at the wrong time. I take enzymes for food digestion with every meal so I filled up all four spaces for the seven days. I eat an apple every day for breakfast. Pick something you like or something you can get down easily and eat it every day for breakfast and then it will be more of a ritual to help you stay on track.