Tales of Sylvester and Tweety Cat

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Mikie, Aug 7, 2012.

1. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Most of y'all know I kinda have a couple of cats. Jeff, in the next bldg. is their guardian but the whole neighborhood watches out for the cats, some of us feeding them and letting them in. They have never known any life except being outside so they continue living outside with homes they can go to if they need to get out of the elements or just for some love and food. Jeff is allergic to cats.

Tweety come in almost every day and Sylvester comes in about every three days. They like to come in early for some cream and to play. Sylvester has learned how to select toys from the toy basket and take them out to play with. He loves to play in empty cloth shopping bags so I leave a few on the floor for him. I used to throw a catnip mousie in one of the bags but now, he goes and gets his own mousie and puts it inside a bag. The other day, I heard a horrible noise only to find one of my shopping bags rolling all over the place. It had a big bushy black tail coming out of it. He was inside attacking the mousie he had put there himself. Pretty smart if I do say so myself.

Tweety was perched on one of my bar stools, ready to attack the bag. The two of them wrestle and the other day when they were going at it, Tweety flew up in the air, twisting and kicking one back foot out. She looked for all the world like a Kung Foo fighter. I know we all have our favorite kittie and doggie stories and I think it's great for us to share them. I think animals are God's little helper spirits here on Earth to help us ease our pain and illness. These two kitties are so beloved by our whole hood; they are truly a blessing.

Love, Mikie
  2. sunflowergirl

sunflowergirl Active Member

Last time I read was that one had disappeared for awhile. So these are the hood cats that everyone shares.

I put out an open brown bag occasionally and one of mine does the same thing, but she's older and gets bored easily. Two sisters, one weighs 27 lbs. and the other around 8. Mmmmmmm.....something wrong here. They're around 6 years old and would rather sleep than play unless it's night time and then they chase moths outside.
  3. TwoCatDoctors

TwoCatDoctors New Member

Hi, this is Shelby the cat and I love the tales of all animals. Tweety sounds like an olympic star with that jumping out of the bag.

BIG NEWS HERE. Yesterday there was a HUGE bird fight out front. Two mockingbirds were on the grass, fighting and screaming real loud at each other. I got to the cat furniture at the window first to get a good seat for this "BRAWL WITH LOTS OF GALL."

My brother was sound asleep on the sofa next to Momma and soon his head shot up and he was quickly on the cat furniture at the window too.

Wow, it was a major fight out there between the two birds and it was like watching Ali fight years ago. When they finished, I applauded because it was intense.

On the down side, it was announced here a few weeks ago that coyotes and a bob cat had been spotted in our development (they are from the reservation and aren't getting enough prey food so are coming off the res a few miles into developments and will take dogs, cats, etc.). I used to be in cat furniture at different windows and see all the cats out and around, but I'm not seeing them like I used to. I'm hoping that people are keeping them inside and that they haven't ended up hurt or worse.

[This Message was Edited on 08/07/2012]
  4. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

You are an excellent raconteur. Sounds like the kitties would be an
    excellent subject for a video on Youtube.

I used to feed cats, skunks, possums and raccoons. Maybe I could be
    a raccoonteur.

5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Sunflowergirl, yes, Sylvester went missing for about three days. We figured he got in someone's car. We think it was the paper delivery guy. He probably finally figured out where he got the cat and brought him back. Sylvester showed up at my door shortly after the papers were delivered three days after he disappeared. People in the hood know to look out for the kitties if they've had the doors open to their cars. Tweety almost took a ride with the preacher across the street. She's ornery; a little religion might have done her some good :) I know that these kitties won't always be young and full of energy so I'm enjoying their hijinks while I can. Glad your kitty enjoys her paper bags.

Shelby, you certainly love those bird olympics, the more violent, the better. Yes, watching those birds is enough to get any cat's blood pumping faster. Here in FL, we have a lot of jays and mockingbirds who have to constantly defend their nests from each other and from the big black birds which resemble crows. We are getting all kinds of critters here too. Ever since Sylvester and Tweety came along, there is food outside and I think it is drawing racoons and other critters. Cats and small dogs (and small kids) are looked upon as snacks by the gators in FL.

Oh, Rock, you truly are the master of the pun. I bow to your way with words. I am only a teller of cattales.

Love, Mikie

Oh, BTW, our newspaper had an article about outside cats wearing cat cams. Outside cats kill many times more small animals than previously thought. They don't always bring home trophies. Sometimes they eat their kill, sometimes they only eat part, and sometimes, they don't eat anything after the kill.
    [This Message was Edited on 08/08/2012]
  6. TwoCatDoctors

TwoCatDoctors New Member

This is Shelby the cat and I was on the computer and saw an article about why it is best to keep your pet out of the bedroom. REALLY? ISN'T IT A 'CAT'ASTROPHE FOR A CAT TO READ THAT?

The cat gang and I need to "visit" that article author's lair and "redecorate" in fake animal motif everywhere (plus put cat photos all over the walls) and then shed all over the bedroom and leave litter box cookies under the fitted bottom sheet.

Gee, I'm so tense I need to take a nap to work off all this energy.
  7. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Tweety's out so will respond for her.

Rosie, you sound like a delight, just the right mix of attitude and fun. I'm so glad you fit right in with Faithy and Beety.

Shelby, as a human, I can't understand this at all but they also say humans shouldn't have TV's in the bedroom. Are they trying to take all our pleasures away!

Love, Mikie
  8. TwoCatDoctors

TwoCatDoctors New Member

This is Shelby the cat and I'm right there with you on having a TV in the bedroom. My brother and I watch TV every morning in bed with Momma before we all get up. Humans better not take my TV away.

I'm not into MTV--no tunes on TV for me. In the morning I like to watch CNN and HLN to get some news, then switch to a comedy program, then to Murder She Wrote--I just love Jessica Fletcher and she has that cat like stealth and stalking ability to her.

I was crushed when I found out that CSI: Miami ended. I felt that "H" (Horatio Caine) needed a strong-willed partner and I would have been a puuurfect partner for him.

It would have been easy for me to flash my badge and yell "CSI, don't move dirtbag." My cat seat would have fit well into the front passenger seat of that Hummer he drove and then I could have looked out the window and down into the other cars going by to see if they had cats in them. Maybe Miami has a lot of cats in cars.

But, I have to be real and know that I can't take a job away from home because I have to run the home front and keep my brother in line and take care of Momma and make sure everything at home is running properly. Right now I have to get Momma to go to bed and she's going to resist, but I always win out because I am the cat running this household. Good night.

9. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Shelby. Running a household is big responsibility. You must be loving
    but firm and keep Cesar and TwoCat in line.

I saw an old movie recently. I mean, really old. Like from the 40s.
    Jessica Fletcher aka Angela Lansbury was in it. She played the part of
    a dance hall girl. A couple of old friends from the Wizard of Oz were in it
    too. Judy Garland and Ray Bolger.

Do you like to watch nature programs? You can see some really big cats
    on those shows.

My friend the grey kitty was here today. Usually he comes in the middle
    of then night, but this time he showed up early; 8 pm.

Best wishes from CA.
  10. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Mikie here. Shelby, I'm glad you are on the job at home. Such a good, responsible kitty and proud officer of the Cat Nation.

Rock, does the little gray kitty let you get close? I'm glad he or she has a place to go.

Tweety had not been here in two days. I went out early to make sure she was OK. Since I haven't been feeling well for a couple of days, I didn't put food outside. I hadn't realized how important it is because Jeff and Julie put out food in the next bldg. Well, I guess all the cats, including the elusive Simon, depend on my putting out food too. So, after I went to the store, I put out some food. Simon came by and ate like it was a condemned man's last dinner. Tweety and Sylvester came in and played Kung Foo fighters in the cloth shopping bags on the floor. What did I ever do before God dropped these two little kitties in our hood.

I pray for all our little ones because I know how much they mean to us.

Love, Mikie
  11. TwoCatDoctors

TwoCatDoctors New Member

This is Two Cats. I am SO GLAD that Simon, Sylvester and Tweety arrived back to your place. You worry about them so much and they are so precious.

What bugs me is that in the next city is a college and when it empties out for the summer, many students just put their pets out on the street and leave to return to their homes in another state. How horrible and they should have stuffed toys instead.

Wednesday I had a bad trigger while watching TV in bed early in the morning and had a super bad PTSD flashback in bed. Both cats were right on it, and were up against me, meowing, and putting paws on my hands to help me out of the flashback. I could feel and hear them and came through it, but was so shaken up. So I realize I'm a bit sensitive with a certain trigger right now so I have to be more aware.

Yesterday I had Shelby the cat accompany me to the one agency for the yearly appointment. The caseworker knows her and always hopes she'll arrive with me and she does. With the flashback the day before, I really wanted her with me in case I had another one while I was at the appointment and I knew Shel could get me through it more quickly.

But I did fine and Shelby was a true credit to the Cat Nation and the talk of the entire office with her good behavior in staying in the scooter basket, with her "no speaking" (no meowing), and stretching out and relaxing on the pillow and blanket in the basket--she's always so good at meetings and appointments and so is her brother. With Shel, when you go out in the bright sun, she wants an umbrella carried over her to keep the sun off her--hey, I understand because the sun is so hot here and the temp at that time was about 100 and would top 114 by the end of the day. For all Shel does, I'll hold an umbrella over her (I do have the doggie sunglasses, but Shel says "NO.")

[This Message was Edited on 08/10/2012]
  12. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I'm so sorry for your PTSD problems. They can be so horrible. I don't know how animals, cats and dogs especially, know when we are in distress and can comfort us and help us so much.

Tweety goes with me to the condo mts. at the pool on Tues. mornings when I go. She can fit through the bars in the gate. She goes from one person to another and leaves with me when I go. She doesn't go over there unless she's with me. Everyone jokingly calls her my "service cat." In truth, I've had animals save my life and others who have gotten me through so much.

Your cats are amazing but I'm sure you are an amazing guardian for them. You are tuned in to them and vice-versa.

Love, Mikie
  13. Goatwoman

Goatwoman Member

This is Roxie the Rottie reporting in.

Ceasar, I love to sleep on the bed, too. I also get in Mummy's lap. I weigh 100 pounds so when I don't want Mummy to leave the room I sit on her.

I watch TV too especially when kitties and doggies are on it, sometimes birds too. I'm not allowed in the big swimming pool but I play in my kid's pool. I play soccer and bounce the ball of my nose. I don't think kitties can do that!

Mummy wants to bring home lots of kitties from the shelter but can't because of me. Her first Rotten Dog loved kitties and would sleep with the kitty she had. Sometimes the kitty would get into Old Rotten Dog's crate and they would sleep together there too.

I know, I'm a Rotten Dog and I drool and pee and mess up the yard. I love to dig holes and ruin Mummy's plants. I guess she keeps me 'cause she loves me.

Well, yes wanted to say "woof." I'll write to you all here just don't come into my yard where you leave that yummy kitty rocha.

Roxie the Rottweiler
  14. TwoCatDoctors

TwoCatDoctors New Member

Hi, this is Cear the cat. I noticed that it is "Shark Week" on the Discovery Channel with so many programs about sharks. It made me notice that we have sharks right here in the home.

Momma got one of her Jack in the Box "Sourdough Jack" sandwiches all wrapped in paper and was eating it on the sofa. Suddenly the Jaws the shark music was playing "Da Dum; Da Dum; da da da da; DA DA DA DA;

And the shark suddenly burst through the sandwich wrapper--it was Cesar the cat the Sandwich Shark. The public were screaming, running away and yelling SANDWICH SHARK. Momma knew how to handle the Sandwich Shark, so she broke off bits of the burger and put it on a napkin and on the floor. Keeps that shark under control and that shark only comes out when a "Sourdough Jack" is brought into the home.
  15. TwoCatDoctors

TwoCatDoctors New Member

Hi Roxie, this is Shelby the cat. Actually many years ago, our Momma had a few Dobies and had friends that had Rotties. Momma also at one time had a Pekinese, an elderly black lab, a parakeet, a few cats and took in a starved cat that turned out to be pregnant and gave birth to a litter of kittens within a month. Momma loves them all and rescued everybody. She loves them big and small.

Last night I got to pillows on the sofa that allowed me to sit but be face to face with Momma. I then took a paw and was patting her on the shoulder blade. I was telling her:

-HEY YOU

So my "face to face" worked and Momma went to her bedroom and I then went up and told her good night. If only our human companions would listen to us the first time.

16. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

And all other breeds of dogs and humans are always welcome. We may take the occassional swat at dogs but they are not only man's, and woman's, best friend but some of Sylvester's and my best friends in the hood are dogs. We get bored if we only have other kitties to play with. We get a bit bored by the humans too.

Love, Tweety