Talk about adding insult to injury...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by SusanEU, Jan 2, 2009.

1. SusanEU

SusanEU New Member

Last night as I groaned getting into bed, due to muscle pain (see my previous post), my bf said (of only 1/2 yrs) he didn't understand how it could hurt so much for so long. I said it's the fibro. He muttered, you're just outta shape.

This remark could very likely be the last straw.

Sue in Ontario
  2. SusanEU

SusanEU New Member

Thanks for your input, Kina.

Oh, I have given him handouts, tried to explain since we met. Like talking to a wall.

3. Debra49659

Debra49659 New Member

Sue.....gently push him to the curb! If he doesnt have it by now you have to ask will he ever. One suggestion is to take him to a FM support group and have him listen to other people who suffer.

Gentle Hugs to you!
  4. victoria

victoria New Member

I agree with Kina and Deb.... if he doesn't get it now, he never will. So sorry you have to go thru this, but it/he is unforunately adding up to being another stress factor in your life. Dealing with what you do is stress enough...

good luck, and all the best,

5. greatgran

greatgran Member

After 9 years my husband still doesn't get it... I am ready for a divorce.
    So I have to agree with the others "he never will".

6. diva425

diva425 New Member

Every bf I've ever had until my current bf has done that. It's so easy to make excuses for them and say...well they don't understand and try to just take it. My bf now is amazing, while he fully admits that he doesn't understand what I go through, he is very empathetic when I am in pain. I know it's hard to do, but there is certainly someone out there that is better for you that can at the very least not kick you when you're already down. The good ones are out here...I waited 10 years for mine, but it was certainly worth it. Good luck!
  7. petemora

petemora Member

Empathy - you either got it or you don't. (Most people don't!)

Janice P.
  8. SusanEU

SusanEU New Member

for your support, everyone.

I have been doing some serious thinking about trying to buy my old house back (financially I'll be ruined- but oh for my peaceful life of non judgment back!)

God Bless

Sue in ONtario