Talk about Change and Frustration

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by jaminhealth, Jun 29, 2014.

1. jaminhealth

jaminhealth Well-Known Member

WHY WHY WHY do "they" keep trying to FIX things that aren't broken??????

I've been a member of a Thyroid Group and Arthritis Group all owned by the same Umbrella company, and after not going there for a few days, just checked in and the boards are TOTALLY changed....everyone is complaining.....So, for me, I'll start to seek out another Arthritis group, just don't need the stress of trying to "like" something that to me is stinky and frustrating..... Just thought I'd rant a bit. Trying to stay calm in this world becomes more and more difficult.....Now, I see WHY some of my old buddies are unplugged and some never got plugged in. jam
  2. TigerLilea

TigerLilea Member

Jamin, I'm guessing you are talking about "about.com"?? :eek: It looks horrible what they have done. I know they needed to do an update as their forums would no longer work with Internet Explorer, but the design they have come up with is a total disaster. :( I personally think that they will lose a lot of members.
  3. jaminhealth

TL, they've lost me. I had NO problems with the sites and I work IE....they were smooth and easy and nice discussions....such as this life today. I found the Arthritis group pretty slow traffic but it was OK for me....The thyroid group, I don't care that much...I've worked with thyroid issues since 1991...have it pretty fixed now for ME.....not perfect but working. jam
  4. TigerLilea

TigerLilea Member

You were lucky then if you could post with IE. The group that I belong to wouldn't work with IE. I couldn't post at all and some members could post, however the formatting was all wrong, or it would post as either one long sentence where you had to scroll way off to the right, or it was coming up as teeny tiny print that you could barely read.
  5. jaminhealth

I'm so non tech savy, and I'm still using this old XP with a newer Lenovo Windows 7 sitting on the floor to be installed...but I keep using this one as it still works...I don't change things unless they are really broke....what I did do recently thou was thru a fluke, change yahoo mail to basic mail and my system runs so much faster....yahoo mail was soooo slowwww. I digressed a bit but won't be going to those other groups much at all, if any. jam
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Jam, if you really don't like the new format, it's one thing but if IE isn't working with the website, try downloading Firefox; it's free and safe to download. Seems that IE doesn't work with some websites. Remember when this one changed. We thought we'd never get used to it. Even I don't know all the ins and outs of it but, like with Windows 8, I've learned enough to get around. Good luck.

Love, Mikie
  7. TigerLilea

TigerLilea Member

Mikie, the new "about.com" is really bad. They took away a lot of the features and it is really poorly laid out. I don't know what they were thinking when they came up with the new design. o_O
  8. jaminhealth

Mikie, I've tried to use Firefox over the years, but doesn't work for me....I had no problems with the about.com sites, but I guess some did or they just wanted change for change....who knows. I had no problems with the former PH forum but I had to change with it or.........
  9. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Sorry to hear that. Yahoo keeps "improving" their site and it keeps getting worse.

Love, Mikie
  10. jaminhealth

Well, I looked at those 2 sites again thinking maybe a techie elf came in and changed this back or changed them for the better, but so true they are Horrible.....right now, they have lost me and I'd bet they will lose others...many on those groups a long time....too bad. jam
  11. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Member

Jam and Tiger lilea,
    Sorry that you guys no longer have othr sites that work with you and are getting just plain confusing. I know it was a bit confusing when PH changed but most of us got used to it. Guess we also lost some people to the changes too. If you were at the other sites a long time that is very sad. Do you think maybe they will take a survey and maybe make some changes back to where they were, if enough people complain?

Just sorry to hear that and I know it is frustrating too you both and others too. Hang in there gals !!

Hugz,
    Granni
  12. TigerLilea

TigerLilea Member

Granni, I don't plan on leaving about.com as I only post to two threads and for the most part, there is very little activity on the about.com forums anymore. With the new forum setup, it isn't really a matter of being confusing and getting used to it - it is very poorly set up and looks awful. I really don't know what they were thinking when they came up the design. :eek:
  13. jaminhealth

I was originally upset but fact is I didn't go there much in the last month or so....I've said a lot over the last year or so and I'm spent up just about everywhere....I could write my own books on thyroid and arthritis since I've worked so long and hard on these 2 subjects.....jam