talk lonelyness with invisable illness

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by onnaroll, Nov 16, 2005.

1. onnaroll

onnaroll New Member

hi everyone..I was just thinking how many of you out there have not really told there families how the really feel? My parents are getting old, and my dad has had two heart surgeries. So i havent really told them how i really feel because i think this could kill him! I cound never live with myself if that was to happen!! anyone else have these problems? and anyone else here ever felt so alone with there illness? my husband very helpful with house duties and work, but he doesnt see the disability just my pain does that make sence? and will this ever change?
  2. Muddieanne

Muddieanne New Member

we get with these illnesses we have. People don't understand,sometimes I think they don't want to.

It is hard not to get discouraged. I lost a long time friendship because my friend was very cruel to me by saying some hurtful things.

The only people who understand are on this board. i get so much help and kindness here.

I don't try anymore to explain to others because it take too much energy to explain to people who think they know everything.

Chin up, some days are better than others.

Marie
  3. jbennett2

jbennett2 New Member

I used to feel that way, and still do up to a point. I do keep my, and my daughter's, worst episodes from my mom. She is 84 and has had a quadruple bypass. All my brothers and sisters have agreed to not burden her with our problems.

My dh used to not quite get how I feel. He started feeling really, really bad recently and has been diagnosed with Lyme (I have it too). Now he respects and feels the pain that I have been living with for years. He is a little more considerate, but not perfect yet, by any means.

He actually came out and said "I can't believe you've lived with this pain every day for years; you're so strong"