talk to me

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by anj211, Mar 19, 2009.

1. anj211

anj211 New Member

Can anyone tell me if their CFS causes them to do a lot of coughing when they get up in the morning i seem to have terrible coughing problems in the morning and chest problems. Also i was just told i had cfs in oct although probably had it a lot longer than this. I am currently also having a lot of family problems getting no support at all from them.Feel as though i am screaming inside as my family have really let me down big time anyone else out there also had family problems.I am really struggling with my family support problems and thinking id be better off on my own.
  2. Forebearance

Forebearance Member

Hi anj! Welcome to the board.

People with CFS pick up a lot of "critters" as a result of our immune systems not functioning properly. My guess would be that you have something living in your lungs. I seem to recall someone talking about cpn causing lung issues.

Or I suppose it's possible that something in your environment is bugging you. Does the place where you live have any mold problems?

This is a great place to learn about possible treatments for your CFS. If you can figure out how to use the search function, you can look through older posts on any topic. When you try to search for something on this board, you'll get a page saying there were no results. On that page, go to the box on the upper right that says something like "my recent searches" and click on the words you just typed. Then you'll see the results.

Yes, a lot of us have family problems. CFS is not a very dramatic illness, and it goes on a long time, so many relatives get compassion fatigue. They get bored of us being sick and lying around the house and their sympathy gets used up.

3. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Yup, CFS is a terrible disease. Not only takes away your health, but often your job, friends,
    social live, family, etc.

I've had CFS for almost 30 years. I was able to work 2-4 hours a day. Sometimes I took
    naps at the office. My boss would say, "You're slipping back into your old habits."

I would say, "I don't have any bad habits. I'm disabled." Several years later he became disabled.
    I thought his attitude would change, but it didn't.

"Compassion fatigue" is a good name for it. Of course, some people have no compassion to
    begin with. I would rather live alone than be around toxic people.

Good luck