Talked To Attorney Regarding Status of ALJ Hearing...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by srobins, Jun 14, 2006.

1. srobins

srobins New Member

I had on April 10th. She called SSA to find out what the hold up was since she said it normally has only been taking about 6 weeks to get decisions. She just called me back and said that the judge has made his decision and they are writing it up right now, so I will have my decision within the next two weeks! Keep your fingers crossed for me, please! She said that they would not tell her the outcome, though. I don't know if that is good news or bad.
  2. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

Hi srobins,

I just wanted to mainly bump you up to beginning since no one has responded yet. I am in the process of filing for SSD but not as far as you at this point. Therefore, I don't know if this is good news or not.

Hopefully, someone that has experienced this process will be able to tell you something.

I'm glad you didnt give up; I did the first time and have regretted it but just hard-headed and wanted to work.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you,

BlueSky555
  3. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

srobins:

Rest assured. If they say 'No' the next step is to sue them. There is that one more step to take and I have heard that the SSA quietly settles the case before anything goes to a lawsuit.

You'll win one way or another.

nyrofan
  4. MamaDove

MamaDove New Member

Just wanted to let you know I was thinking of you and hoping the outcome is favorable...I second what Nyrofan said, if it's not favorable, sue the b****rds...tehe

Either way, you will get what you deserve...

I remember posting when you were going to the hearing...I was expecting my hearing any day back then...

My lawyer called SSA, they told him that they didn't know when my hearing would be, they had a stack of claims and I may be on the bottom of the pile somewhere, never making it to the top because they don't 'cycle' the claims, they just pile them on top of one another...Good for government work!

He sent them a letter on my behalf along with a condensed version of my illnesses and expert testimonials from 3 different docs and requested a "Favorable IMMEDIATE Decision"...He said the best outcome would be a letter along with the backpay check, the worst would be a letter with the scheduled hearing...That was 3 weeks ago, still I wait...

Fortunately, my finances are such that I can wait as long as they want to take and after 13 years, I know where my health stands...I can no longer work, I tried and tried and tried only to worsen every aspect of my health...I completely stopped Oct2004 and I am sad to say I am no better and certain issues have worsened...Everyday I reconsider the work issue but I must come to grips with the fact that I'm no longer able...

Try to keep good thoughts and take good care of yourself in the meantime...I await the day you post "I WON!"

Peaceful days ahead~Alicia
  5. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

and somtetimes they will tell you as well...also ou can ask for the local dr.office number that did the write up on your referral...

i don't think a m making sense to you right now...

but they can give you numbers to call and the 1 800# will figure out for you...i think itis called dhs...not sure...

jodie