talking computer

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by no1buddybear, Apr 14, 2006.

1. no1buddybear

no1buddybear New Member

I wish I had a talking computer so I don't have to type and use the mouse!! (I get my FM mostly in my arms)
    LOL :)
  2. sues1

sues1 New Member

You can get a program that allows you to talk instead of type. I do not remember the name of it. At first it has to get used to your voice and the way you say words...but I hear it is a good program.....Susan
  3. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

a fellow came to our office to sell these. He left one and one of the attys worked with it. They say the computer has to get used to you. Anyway it didn't work very well.

But perhaps there have been a lot of improvements. Haven't really heard anything recently.
  4. jakeg

jakeg New Member

The software package that was mentioned is called
    Dragon NaturallySpeaking.

It can be expensive depending on the version. You can do a search on google for it to read more info and get the pricing.

Jake

5. claudiaw

claudiaw New Member

I have the same problem.

I enjoy being on this board, but I end up hurting more, especially if I stay on too long.

It tighten's up my neck and shoulder's, then I get dizzy and migraines from the tightness and pain.

I am looking into getting a voice program, whoever get's one first can let the other know how they like it.:)

Best wishes,

Claudia
  6. KerryK

KerryK Member

If one gets the Preferred Edition or Standard Edition of the software, it can be had for ~$150 or less. It will work on just about any modern PC, including the cheap ones. If one is using it to read the internet or produce documents and emails, the cheaper versions will work very well.