1. outofstep

outofstep Member

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2014
  2. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

Hi,

Tamiflu usually works well if started within the first 48 hours.

Just wanted to mention that there is also an over-the-counter homeopathic remedy available that has antiviral properties and can fight the flu.

It is called Sambucol Black Elderberry Extract (Original Formula).

There are a number of studies about it's ability to fight the flu on PubMed.

A couple years ago, my daughter, son-in-law and 2 grandsons all got the H1N1 flu.

My youngest grandson was the only one to take Sambucol elderberry extract and he recovered much faster than the others.
  3. jaminhealth

jaminhealth Well-Known Member

the pharma Tamiflu ads on tv which they spend mega $$ to put out, no wonder the drugs are so expensive...

Oscillo has always done it for me and no where near the cost of the drugs and works..

So far I'm good, keeping the immune system healthy does it and not stressing in the crowds, keep a low profile....
  4. sunflowergirl

sunflowergirl Active Member

which also has echinecea and astralagus in it. Unfortunately I didn't start until about the 7th day but I'm still taking a tsp. of it in my bottle of water which I also add my liquid vit. D, mineral drops, PH drops, and some lemon juice. My "cocktail" twice a day! It helps mask the awful taste of the mineral drops.

I agree Jam. If something is being highly advertised I'm leary.
    [This Message was Edited on 01/13/2013]
  5. jaminhealth

jaminhealth Well-Known Member

see Oscillo ads on TV, but the population mostly wouldn't go for it, most go for drugs...a good handful of holistic minded folks know about Oscillo and that it works, mostly....gotta start with it immediately with a flu symptom.

That's a good cocktail, Sun.
  6. hermitlady

hermitlady Member

My sister swears by Wellness Formula by Source Naturals...I got some and am a believer also. This wk I was getting a cold, felt the beginning stages so I took these supps 3x a day. It kicked it out of me, I was sure by Thurs I was going to be really sick, but thank goodness I wasn't. (knock on wood)
    You can take it as a maintenance dose or a higher dose when you're getting sick. I didn't get a flu shot either, but will keep using this stuff...and will call for Tamiflu if I do get sick. I took it a couple of yrs ago and it shortened/lessened the severity of the flu.
  7. Forebearance

Forebearance Member

I'm really glad we have Tamiflu.

However, not all of us can tolerate it. I tried it when I had swine flu and couldn't tolerate it. Luckily I was able to get well by taking Lauricidin. So there are options for both drug-tolerant and drug-sensitive people.

Hey, Jam, I have seen ads for Oscillo!

Forbearance