Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tangie, Jul 9, 2008.

1. tangie

tangie New Member

Hello; I'm a first time user. I wanted to ask a couple of questions. First, let me say: I have been "living" with CFS (chronic fatigue syndrome) for the last five years; I didn't get my initial diagnosis from my doctor, I got it from the CFS/Behavioral study that was done by the NIH (national institutes of health). I don't know of any others in Chicago (where im from) that have this illness and it is so hard to explain when I feel bad. I know how this affects my family and the family of my fiancee, but, i dont know how to cope with the relapses. I think ive relapsed about three times now and each time it gets worse. I am looking for any help or information on how to get better. I am currently in the process of attempting to get different doctors for the majority of my physical problems now but other than that I dont know where to turn. It seems so hard because not a lot of doctors in ILL know that much about CFS or how to treat it. ANY help at all would be greatly appreciated. Thanx!
  2. poets

poets Member

Welcome to the boards. I don't have CFS, but I have a severe case of FM. There are lots of people on the boards with CFS and I'm sure you'll get a lot of good tips and interesting information here. This site has been a lifesaver for me. I'm glad you're here and I'm sure you'll glad you found us!