TaniaF......re: rib pain

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by bre_ann, Dec 1, 2002.

1. bre_ann

bre_ann New Member

My entire rib cage area is always sore especially towards waistline. If you ever find anything out regarding this, please post it. I have told my rheumy and my chiro about this pain and they just give me puzzled looks and have never, as of yet, told me what this pain is or what it's from.
    Brenda
  2. bre_ann

bre_ann New Member

My entire rib cage area is always sore especially towards waistline. If you ever find anything out regarding this, please post it. I have told my rheumy and my chiro about this pain and they just give me puzzled looks and have never, as of yet, told me what this pain is or what it's from.
    Brenda
  3. TaniaF

TaniaF Member

As I sit here with rib cage pain now, I'm puzzled too. I believe it is that my ribs are long and dig into my torso because I do not have really good posture. I' m kinda humped over abit due to osteoporosis and scoliosis. I will bring it up to my doctor next visit.
    Tania
  4. dlizard

dlizard New Member

I've off and on my entire life had this pain around my mid rib cage area on the sides... it would always burn when I got tired... anyway, I've had some very severe spasms there too... my chiro has informed me he thinks its my diaphragm... which makes sense!! *duh* what a concept with this DD... anyway, I get this pain alot and it can certainly be what I call "suicidal pain"/ ie: help me please doctor I can't live with it " kind of pain... the last time I saw my rheumie with it... he gave me nothing. That sent me into a long drive to another doctor to beg~ for something for pain... Valium is what I have found works the best for my discomfort. Good luck!
  5. tandy

tandy New Member

I'm acually on here tonight very quickly just to see whats up.I have this pain so bad that its taking over my life!! I've only had it about a week and half.....and this is only the second time ever.So I don't even know what it is!!But I'm tellin ya something is not right! I can barely sleep(only if I over drug myself!) Someone mentioned Valium helps???yeah....and how are we gonna be bleesed with that???Drs are so stingy!!They think we need these pain meds for recreational time!!!I took 2 tylenol 3s last night,and still was very sore!I added a Ty pm after about an hr.Mine is towards my waistline too.If you were to put your hands on your hips and then move your hands up to where you first feel your ribs...THATS where and into the back. I will let you's know first hand if i should find out what this crap is! I'm thinking about going for some help....I can't take it anymore!My dr can't see me for 2 weeks!!I may go to ER sometime this week while my boys are in school.(I just hope they don't keep me!!)lol
    Thanks for being here~
    Love,
    Tracey
  6. dlizard

dlizard New Member

I've never seen that written but I believe you and see the chiro at the minimum of every two weeks and my appt is tomorrow ( thank God) and I'll share this info with him... he always asks me if I think I need my c1/ atlas adjusted. NOW thanks to you* I'll know when I do!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU one hundred and fifty times!!!!!!!!! Good luck to you too!