Tansy/Anyone who researches Nutritional products

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tandy, Aug 13, 2005.

1. tandy

tandy New Member

Still,...searching for that magic 'something' that will give me just a piece of the ole me back~

I'm Reading alot and found Plant Sterols
    and Glyconutrients of interest.
    Just wanted some others input if any on either of the 2.
    Expensive but worth it?
    or just more junk?

Thanks
    Tandy

2. LittleBluestem

LittleBluestem New Member

for someone that know more than I do.
  3. tansy

tansy New Member

Hi

Plant sterols have two beneficial effects.

1 PS lower total cholesterol by reducing LDL, they do not lower HDL or triglycerides.

2 They have a beneficial effect on the immune system, this is thought to be balancing and strengthening rather than stimulating.

Sterols and sterolins can be found in
    Fruits, Vegetables, Nuts, Seeds, Cereals, Legumes, Vegetable Oils.

I do not have any personal feedback to give you on glyconutrients, they only work for some but when they do their benefits are impressive.

If you do a search on the net you will find a recipe for making glyconutrients, they are expensive to buy.

love, Tansy

[This Message was Edited on 08/14/2005]
  4. gottagetbetter

gottagetbetter New Member

I took the glyconutrients for over a year....no difference with them at all. I have been off of them for about 9 months and am now improving!!! Save your money. Taking a veggie and fruit caps. Alkanizing the body and eating all orgainc. Detox as much as possible.

~P
  5. kbak

kbak Member

I decided to try the glyconutrients. Well I'm going to save that money. Haven't had any noticable benefits. I'm a good one for trying things tho. I'm always open to try something that might help.

The down side is that I've probably wasted more dang money trying stuff. What works great for one person, may not work at all for someone else.
  6. tandy

tandy New Member

I just figured I'd throw this out there
    and hoped someone knew more about them and they're benifits~
    That what stinks with these illnesses being so complex,..
    what works for one of us may not for another.

I'm a sucker too when it comes to wanting to buy/try everything!! If I think it might work,,... yup,.... I'm ready to either sell something I own to get it,..or charge it!! (and that can get me into trouble!)
    Hope your all doing otherwise fine~
    Hugs
    Tandy
  7. dobrydy

dobrydy New Member

Glyconutrients were absolutely useless, may be because those that we tried are not absorbed from the GI tract, they act spectacular in the testube at rather high concentrations.

Plant steroids: we only tried Moducare which is very popular but had enough sence to stop, because label says not to use in multiple sclerosis patients or immunocompromised pts. Since CFS is so much like MS, it is a dangerous game to play.